Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: mesh feeder

Default mesh feeder

DD LOVES HERS!! but what is the best way to clean them??? i've hand washed and used the dish washer, but i can't get all the pieces out of it... any other suggestions?

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in

Default Re: mesh feeder

My son loved his too. We don't have a dishwasher, so we scrubbed and scrubbed it, but there came a point where we just chunked it and started with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*knm626 View Post
    DD LOVES HERS!! but what is the best way to clean them??? i've hand washed and used the dish washer, but i can't get all the pieces out of it... any other suggestions?
    We try not to do anything that creates more work for us. We make bulk food and freeze into cubes. This means we only use the food processor once a week. Now we are moving to chunk food and that means no more carrying food around as DD can eat something plain from the menu when we eat out (8months).

I personally wouldnt use a mesh feeder, it sounds like too much trouble

We used the kitchen sink sprayer and then I would put it in the dish washer.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

I would give it an initial hand wash, then I soak it in a bowl of hot water for a few hours and then wash it again. It is definitely a process to get it clean. Luckily DS has been liking an ice cube in it lately which is sooo much easier than his usual banana.

bottle brush works well, then I put in dishwasher just to make sure it's clean. Ditto on pp about the ice vs. banana.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

I give it a good scrub with a rubber sponge to get the gunk out and then another scrub with salt and lemon juice to disinfect it and get out the stains. It only takes a few minutes to get it clean. I like the mesh feeder and my daughter likes being in control of her feeding. We tried rice cereal for the first time today with spoons--talk about work! First to feed her spoonful by baby grabbing spoonful, then the work to clean her, the high chair, her hair, and everything she grabbed for from the table to the tub.