Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Are nectarines okay?

Default Are nectarines okay?

My husband was eating a nectarine the other day and DD grabbed a piece and put it to her mouth. DH was surprised to discover she had eaten a very small bite out of it before he took it away. Is nectarine okay to give her? I've heard of peaches, but hadn't heard anyone mention nectarines.

Thanks!
    Eva
    Mom to Alyssa (11/26/05)

Default Re: Are nectarines okay?

Nectarines are wonderful. Looks like you've got a little one ready to mooch!
    The only thing I'd be careful about is washing it really well and removing the skin first (because of pesticide use ... I read on Consumer Reports that nectarines are reported to have a higher rate of them for some reason). It stated: "Among fruits, nectarines had the highest percentage testing positive for pesticide residue."

That's actually a great little page for info on what is most important to buy organic:
    When buying organic pays (and doesn't)

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon