Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Solids ?

Default Solids ?

Ladies..

So, I am moving on with my Lo, for she had her first taste of chicken this week. She is 8 months today & I want to start offering more proteins - meats specifically. I want to know which ones are safe to offer at this point in her development? I know that I have to do it one at a time What about fish? Is it safe to experiment or better yet - what is it safe to experiment with?

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

Default Re: Solids ?

This page talks a bit about good first food ideas - HTH
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    This page talks a bit about good first food ideas - HTH
    Thanks Mama for being the only one to answer my boring question I want to feed E table food all the time so bad. She is doing really well with chicken so I look forward to trying a lot more in good time

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

We did chicken and steak once she got the hang of chicken and I made sure it was a soft piece and small, we loved avocados and soft cheese.. salmon and white fish we avoided shellfish I am allergic then we graduated to eggs at one and peanut butter.. But reciently somebody told my you needed to wait till two.. ooops I'm not to worried she did fine.... I really fed her what we were eating every night jsut seperated or smaller pieces... instead of tacos she got the beans and meat with cheese...
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*fair.beauty29 View Post
    Ladies..

So, I am moving on with my Lo, for she had her first taste of chicken this week. She is 8 months today & I want to start offering more proteins - meats specifically. I want to know which ones are safe to offer at this point in her development? I know that I have to do it one at a time What about fish? Is it safe to experiment or better yet - what is it safe to experiment with?
    I think most people are overly worried. Part of the issue is that there is so much information out there because of the internet that rare problems seem like likely problems. Most of what we do is focused on getting her enough nutrition while not being too hard on us.

DD was 8 months july 8 and we have been feeding her chopped (to the size granules/specks) chicken since 7 months mixed in with sweet potatoes. She can also hold chunks of chicken and gnaw on it which we let her do sometimes (like if we are at a restaurant). The fresh food tastes way better than any jarred food by the way.

We havent given her steak yet, but that is mostly because in the last few months we havent eaten any steak. I did give her some ground beef the other day though and she did fine with that.

We mostly do purees because they are less messy when we want to be neat (we feed her). She can feed herself purees but makes a mess. She can feed herself chunks and that isnt very messy, but it can take her a looong time to eat.

When we go out to eat she will gnaw on bread and chicken chunks and will drink water out of a sippy cup. These days she gets very fussy if she doesnt get to eat when we eat.