Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold BM???

Default Cold BM???

DS will only take expressed milk from a bottle if it is chilly or a bit cooler than room temp. Does any one know if this can be bad for him? Will it cause cramps? He refuses a bottle from me or anyone else if it is warmed up. Would love to go on a date with DH but can't get away if he won't take anything else other than me!
    Thanks

Default Re: Cold BM???

hey if thats what works go with it!

Exactly. It is ok to give cold bm as long as the baby is fine with that.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

When dd was older.. maybe 6-8 months she likes her expressed BM cold in a sippy. Its perfectly fine!!!

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*2xmom View Post
    DS will only take expressed milk from a bottle if it is chilly or a bit cooler than room temp. Does any one know if this can be bad for him? Will it cause cramps? He refuses a bottle from me or anyone else if it is warmed up. Would love to go on a date with DH but can't get away if he won't take anything else other than me!
    Thanks
    Just curious, how old is your DS?

DD loves her milk cold!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*iam.mom View Post
    Just curious, how old is your DS?
    My DS was 4 months on the 20th of June. He is quite big though at 18.5 pounds and 27.5 inches long. He nurses every 1 or 2 hours during the day and was sleeping through the night (not because I wanted him too,he just did) up until last week when I made the mistake of not following my instinct and listening to the pressure and gave him cereal. As of yesterday, I took it away for another month or so at least.
    How old is your LO?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*2xmom View Post
    My DS was 4 months on the 20th of June.
    Ok the reason I asked was because in Asian traditional medicine, we believe that cold drinks are gassy so I was worried about colic if your baby is still very small. But since he's already 4 months old, there should not be of any concern. And again, this is according to Asian traditional medicine, many Asians dont even believe in it anymore .

Glad to hear that you have put away the cereal. My LO is 1.5 yo, we started solids around 5.5 months. Many mamas here practiced BLS, maybe it's something that you want to explore before starting DS on solids.

Thank you for your support on holding off on the cereal. I have seen "BLS" posted in other messages and feel like a silly goose for asking but what does it mean???
    So are the cold milk hasn't seemed to have bothered him. Mind you I wouldn't give it to him very often seeing as how we are usually together. I was just looking for an alternative since he has refused a bottle of heated BM.
    I believe 5.5 was when I started my first DS on solids as well. I don't ever remember seeing GREEN poops in his diaper!
    [/SIGPIC]Happy to be home for a year with sons: Colby-Jan 12/99 and Spencer-Feb 20/08

It also makes life a whole lot easier if your LO will take the milk cold! Mine is exclusively on EBM and he will only take it if the temp is JUST RIGHT. Can't be too hot, can't be too cold. We're trying to get him to take cold liquids like water and diluted juice, but so far no dice. It's a lot easier than trying to find a way to heat up a bottle every time.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine