Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mother's Milk tea question

Default Mother's Milk tea question

I've read several posts recommending Mother's Milk tea... for those of you that drink this, how much do you drink each day? How long before you began drinking this tea before your supply increased?

Default Re: Mother's Milk tea question

I haven't used it with this baby but drank it with my 4 yr old..i drank it 3x per day and don't remember if i noticed an increase or not..i vaguely remember being able to pump a lot in the morning after about a week or so of drinking it

I have never used mother's milk tea but I thought is was the same herb that is in fenugreek. I took fenugreek when I was trying to relactate with my first pregnancy and had an almost immediate and great initial response with just one pill a day. I tried taking it again when my supply decreased about 10 months and it was not effective but I eventually figured out a was 8 weeks pregnant and stopped.

I drank it twice a day about a month ago. I noticed little results within about 3 days. It increased my total output by about an ounce.

However, the mornings seemed to be a lot more since DD sleeps through the night. I started getting clogged ducts and the beginnings of mastitis, so I stopped drinking the tea. She just didn't need the added amounts the tea brought on.

So since I think this tea tastes terrible and it doesn't seem to be that effective from what others have said, I may just try something else... maybe oatmeal? At least I like oatmeal!

Have you tried putting sugar in your tea?

And yes, oatmeal and lots of water seem to work better for me, too.

I did try sugar... I think it's just the strong licorice taste that puts me off...

Understandable.

I got some funny questions about the smell when I first started making it at work. One co-worker (a guy) wanted to try some... until I told him what it was for. As if that would have made him start lactating LOL

i see you are talking about fenugreek/ supplements to increase milk, Where did you get this information from ? Are these things ok to take ? Do you think they work ?

I had to add splenda to that tea, and I drank in3-4 times a day. hated it, but it worked some after 3 days, but not like a JUMP in supply, maybe just an extra ounce a day

Howener, I noticed a HUGH dip in supply when I stopped drinking it, so it was helping maintain my supply for a while.
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!