Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help choosing bottle

Default help choosing bottle

When I was prego I bought the second nature bottles and nipples for lo. He took them okay. Now the stuff about BPA has come out and guess what... the bottles are not BPA free and I can't find a bottle the nipples will fit on. I haven't pumped in about 2-3 months but I want to try to give a bottle in the next day or so and now I'm clueless about what to buy. What would be a good bottle to buy (closest thing to bfing)? LO takes a soothie pacifier but their bottles aren't BPA free either.
    Exclusively , , and when we find the time !!! And now loving Totally bleesed with born 2-25-08.

Default Re: help choosing bottle

I recently got Born Free bottles with the stage one nipple. It seems to have a very slow flow. Of course, I'm a first time mom with an 8 week old so definitely no expert.

I do know for sure they are BPA free. Hope that helps!

We used the Playtex Nurser with drop-ins. The drop-ins are BPA free, I believe. We used the slow flow nipple for the duration of her bottle days- never moved up! And she did really well with them! Hope this helps...
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marcie.lynne View Post
    We used the Playtex Nurser with drop-ins. The drop-ins are BPA free, I believe. We used the slow flow nipple for the duration of her bottle days- never moved up! And she did really well with them! Hope this helps...

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

We had a hard time choosing a bottle too. MY LO really liked the ventair but now we are BPA free and using the BPA free Dr. Brown's. She really seems to like it. We are using the premie nipples though because all of the stage 1 nipples, and I mean all brands, seemed to be to fast for her.

I don't know where you are from but Babies R Us is exchanging any bottle containing BPA that they sell for BPA free ones. It is a coorporate thing so they are all supposed to do it. They give you the full price for the bottles you have in store credit used only toward BPA free bottles. No reciept or box needed, you don't even have to have been registered there or anything.
    HTH Good Luck
    Theresa with moby wrapmy little so I can work too
    13mos and counting

I don't know if the one you are using are wide neck or standard but here are some BPA free bottles (sorry these are a repeat. I didn't read the above posts until I posted lol):

Standard size:
    Medela (you can get them at target, babiesrus, burlington coat factory, etc) These are what I used for storing my breastmilk.

Dr Browns (if you want plastic ones, get the cloudy ones, NOT the clear ones. They also make glass ones but I heard they're as good for storing BM. I have both and they can be found at the above stores as well). This is the one you want: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3092104

Playtex Dropins - not the other types such as ventaire. You can actually get a free playtex dropin bottle right now from their website. http://www.playtexbaby.com/bpafree/info.html
    They can be purchased anywhere. Oh, playtex also makes glass bottles too.

Walmart also has their parent's choice bottles and some of them have a label that say BPA free. You may have to dig. I don't like walmart....

Evenflow Tinted bottles are also BPA free. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2919700

Wide Neck
    Born Free - (I have only seen them at BRU and whole foods. Oh and a few CVS or walgreens?)

I hope this helps some. I just used the Dr. Brown ones.

Oh and when your kiddo gets older and you need sippy cups and straw cups, all NUBY products are BPA free! I use them cause of that and also cause they're cheap and cute.
    Last edited by @llli*sbbeana; July 7th, 2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding more bpa products