Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I had a set back

Unhappy I had a set back

So today I have not pumped at all. The baby had a WIC appointment today and I ha so much running around to do. Then I got a flat tire somehow and ha to try and change that myself but to no avail because the last bolt was stripped so now I'm stuck in the house and I think I'm going to pump at 8pm. I wish I would have had time to pump today, I hope it doesn't set me back! ugh! Anyway so thats my problem today. I did get in contact with the base lactation consultant and she gave me the number to the le leche league person in my area and I'll be working closely with them. Right now I'm trying to find a 5 french feeding tube to make a supplemental feeding system which is frustrating. Sorry for venting. Any comments are always appreciated!

Default Re: I had a set back

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jacalyn.shealey View Post
    So today I have not pumped at all. The baby had a WIC appointment today and I ha so much running around to do. Then I got a flat tire somehow and ha to try and change that myself but to no avail because the last bolt was stripped so now I'm stuck in the house and I think I'm going to pump at 8pm. I wish I would have had time to pump today, I hope it doesn't set me back! ugh! Anyway so thats my problem today. I did get in contact with the base lactation consultant and she gave me the number to the le leche league person in my area and I'll be working closely with them. Right now I'm trying to find a 5 french feeding tube to make a supplemental feeding system which is frustrating. Sorry for venting. Any comments are always appreciated!
    You are disappointed that you did not get to pump (yet) today. Add the flat tire and lots of running around, it's no wonder you're discouraged.

I hope you will be able to see that it is *today*, and that tomorrow you get a whole new day.

Plus, I see some accomplishments today--you got the phone number for an LLL Leader near you and you are working on making a supplemental feeding system. Today is most definitely *not* a complete set back.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader