Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fenugreek Causing Hypoglycemia to return??

Default Fenugreek Causing Hypoglycemia to return??

Okay this morning was freaky!! Today is day 3 of my pumping towards lactation. I did wake up a bit late this morning, I've been a little extra tired with all the changes my body's going through so my body just rested. I woke up with a super weak feeling. I then read my bottle of fenugreek that said to NOT use if you are being treated for hypoglycemia...............I have had it for the last 15 years but have never been treated for it other than diet changes adding more proteins and complex sugars, etc.

Should I be looking into another supplement or just take less. Breastfeeding didn't cause any health issues when I was naturally lactating but I was drinking a tea over a stronger capsule of fenugreek 3 times daily.

Ideas?? I don't want to give up as I've gotten this far!!
    Pat, wife to "D", mom to "V"(02/93) and "S"/"C" (12/06), owner to kitties Sammy and Simon.

"We do not inherit our land from our forefathers but borrow this land from our children"

Default Re: Fenugreek Causing Hypoglycemia to return??

Since it's known that fenugreek can affect mothers who are prone to hypoglycemia, you might want to consider other options. Blessed thistle is another one that many mothers find helpful.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

I did read that on the side of the bottle, but I'm not being treated! for my hypoglycemia, I just had my dietary change so that my levels would stay even and it's worked well for 16 years now.

That might explain why I'm having such a bad setback today, I feel so tired and droopy and very teary eyed, I'm about ready to give up the whole thing. I'm having a really bad day today!
    Pat, wife to "D", mom to "V"(02/93) and "S"/"C" (12/06), owner to kitties Sammy and Simon.

"We do not inherit our land from our forefathers but borrow this land from our children"

Awww I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I think it's time to realize my failure as a nursing mama. 2 pregnancies, 3 failed attempts at nursing the way I had planned, that's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*girlsmum3 View Post
    Thanks so much for your kind words. I think it's time to realize my failure as a nursing mama. 2 pregnancies, 3 failed attempts at nursing the way I had planned, that's depressing.
    Sending you

Your girls are lucky you are their mother.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader