Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: relactation, any help would be great!

Question relactation, any help would be great!

I have a beautiful baby boy whom I breastfed for three and a half weeks. Though he was my third child he was the first I attempted breast feeding. My mom was my only support and she was not very supportive because she felt like it was gross and unnessesarry since they made milk in the store. Anyway since I stopped I really miss it and he is drinking so much formula that my budget can't keep up. I was wanting to get started again but I'm not sure how. My son has just turned 3 months and I'm afraid it maybe too late. Any advice or suggestions? oh by the way I still produce some milk.
    Karlie

Default Re: relactation, any help would be great!

Check these threads, they should be what you are looking for.

http://forums.llli.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50

Thanks so much! I didn't realize there were so many other women out there like me. I'm going to pull out the pump tonight. I have a feeling I'm going to need all the support I can get. I'm so glad I found this site!

You're in the right place to find info and support.

Read the sticky posts that were pointed out and just keep asking questions. There are plenty of mothers here who will help you.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader

Good luck! I am starting to go through the same thing. By fall I would like to be bf again!

Loving being a first time mom to Mia Lynn! Born 2/26/08!!

At birth:8 lbs
    Coming home: 7 lbs 6 oz
    1 month- 9 lbs 12 oz
    8 wks- 11 lbs 6 oz
    3.5 mos- 13 lbs 4 oz
    5.5 mos- 17 lbs 2 oz
    10 mos- ~20 lbs

And I'd like to suggest that you find a local LLL meeting to attend, not only will you get even more support, you'll get more info as well!!! GOod luck - you can do this
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

It is hard when your only support is not pro-breastfeeding. I dealt with this with my in-laws. Hopefully you can get lots of help and support on here. Keep us posted on how you are doing, and hopefully we can help you overcome any obstacles.
    Here is a link to an article on dealing with criticism from family for breastfeeding:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/criticism.html

and here are links to the benefits of breastfeeding, that you could use to help educate your mother:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/pre...-benefits.html

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Just wanted to send a for encouragement. You can do this! I am sorry you have so much discouragement around you. You will find LOTS of encouragement on this forum! Way to go for wanting to do this!
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

Moving this to the relactation forum for more replies.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Oh WOW, you should do so well, I'm at 21 months dried up from my milk supply and I'm super hopeful that within a couple to few weeks I should have some pumped milk for my twin girls. I've read all kinds of supporting evidence that it can be done and I'm taking my fenugreek, talking to my homepathic doctor about adding more supplements/homeopathics etc. to make this happen for me. An ocean of water a day, daily oatmeal as raw as possible, and as many ppl have told me, "the power of positive thinking goes a long way". I really need this as it's been so long since I've dried up.

And I also join your ranks of the non-supportive in-laws. Thank goodness we can be the generation that kicks the COW habit, blah!
    Pat, wife to "D", mom to "V"(02/93) and "S"/"C" (12/06), owner to kitties Sammy and Simon.

"We do not inherit our land from our forefathers but borrow this land from our children"