Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it enuf?

Default Is it enuf?

I BF my 10mo old daughter about 4 times a day and 1-2 times a nite(though these are short sessions just to fall asleep). She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner and gets little water and occassionally some juice. No other fluids. She pees throughout the day(probably 7-8 times) and nite as well. Until 6months she was gaining well. Between her 6th and 9th mo checkup she gained weight but not much. Her height was fine as well. She is active and doing well otherwise.

Default Re: Is it enuf?

their growth slows at that age...
    this might help
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html

what sort of solids are you giving?

She eats a homemade baby cereal (made of millet and some grains like mung beans) for breakfast. For lunch and dinner she eats rice+lentils+veggies+yoghurt. She gets fruits for evening snack.
    Last edited by @llli*veenasri; June 26th, 2008 at 09:07 PM.

cool sounds like healthy solids!
    I always figured that I could offer to nurse more often with a baby that age.
    either right before bed or right after nap.
    Does baby sleep all night with out nursing?
    sometimes when they start sleeping all night they have to nurse more often during the day to get weight gain.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*veenasri View Post
    I BF my 10mo old daughter about 4 times a day and 1-2 times a nite(though these are short sessions just to fall asleep). She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner and gets little water and occassionally some juice. No other fluids. She pees throughout the day(probably 7-8 times) and nite as well. Until 6months she was gaining well. Between her 6th and 9th mo checkup she gained weight but not much. Her height was fine as well. She is active and doing well otherwise.
    Sounds okay!! I would make sure she nurses at least 4 times in 24 hours until at least 12 months old age. Since you are at 4 times you sounds okay. I found this link helpful.
    http://www.mother-2-mother.com/samplemenus.htm

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!