Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help

Question Help

So I am going to be weaning off the breast in about 2 or 3 months when ds is a year old, and providing BM in a cup as needed. How do you comfort and nto give the breast at the same time? What do I do if he is not having any easy time with this? At almost 10 mth now he does know the "boobs" and knows what he gets from them and he loves it. But for sake of my marriage and all that I hav eto wean. But I want to give BM in a cup and steer clear from Formula and/or cows milk if I can. Anyone tried Soy or rice and had issues?? Need help

Wife to Scotty, 10/28/06

Mom to AX 9/2/07, my surprise baby

I'm a ,,, momma who loves to and be who I am.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..." John Lennon

Default Re: Help

So you will keep pumping thing? Good for you!!!

I had to wean my son earlier then I wanted to... I weaned him 1 session every 7 days. It seem to really help. The PM session was the hardest but I think we are getting better!

That's all the help I have for ya... I'm sure others will be on to help out.

much luck!

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

This article gives tips on weaning. http://www.llli.org/FAQ/weanhowto.html
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

I tried soy and rice milk and had no problems with it at all.. She prefered soy to rice..... but yeah for you for still pumping.....
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones