Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much milk for 9 month old in daycare?

Default How much milk for 9 month old in daycare?

My LO is 9 months old and I think her daycare provider and I are not on the same page as far as nursing. I tell her to give her milk first, then solid but I find that my baby isn't drinking two bottles during the day. How much should she be drinking? I usually pack 2 bottles (16 oz combined) and one cube of veggie and one cube of fruit. She gives her cereal mixed with those and uses my milk to make the cereal. Sometimes I also include a yogurt as her pediatrician recommended that b/c she had an ear infection and was on antibiotics. Is she getting enough milk?

When she is home she is nursed on demand several times before going to bed but she isn't on the breast for more than five minutes each time.

Her 9 month appt is Saturday but I ask you because the pediatrician, although supportive of my decision to breast feed isn't all that up to date on this and focuses on what I feed her and how many times.

Mommy to a princess, Isabella Sofia, born on 09/24/2007 and a prince, Lucas Gabriel, born on 08/04/2010.

Who fed me from her gentle breast
    And hushed me in her arms to rest,
    And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
    My Mother. -Anne Taylor
    and (at work)

Default Re: How much milk for 9 month old in daycare?

How long is she in day care?

We always used the "rule" of 1 to 1.5 oz EBM for every hour away from mom and it worked great for us.

So for 8 hours - that would be 8 to 12 oz EBM.

I'd prepare 2 bottles of like 5 oz each and send in extra 4 or 5 oz in a storage bottle.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Default Re: How much milk for 9 month old in daycare?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    How long is she in day care?

We always used the "rule" of 1 to 1.5 oz EBM for every hour away from mom and it worked great for us.

So for 8 hours - that would be 8 to 12 oz EBM.

I'd prepare 2 bottles of like 5 oz each and send in extra 4 or 5 oz in a storage bottle.
    We did this, too, but I used 3, 4 oz bottles with one spare JIC dd2 was extra hungry.