Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Introducing other types of veg

Default Introducing other types of veg

hi all

so far i've introduced my 8 mo old boy to sweet potato, potato, avocado, pumpkin, carrot and he loves it all. i've also mixed sweet potato with carrot, with pumpkin.

was wondering if i can start him on broccoli/cauliflower mixed with sweet potato? are there any other suggestions for combos?

Default Re: Introducing other types of veg

Jackson eats broccoli and loves it. He also eats yellow squash, zucchini, potato, peas, apples, pears, bananas. He tried hamburger a few weeks ago and liked that too. He's going to try green beans next. (we had a bad reaction to peaches and sweet potato)

When we lived in the UK, mine loved swede (rutabaga) mixed with carrot. But the all-time favourite for my children has been parsnips and green beans, probably because it's fairly sweet! You can also try mixing veggies with fruit - sounds awful, but actually tastes quite nice!

Cauliflower and broccoli are fine, but broccoli stems can cause gas, so beware!

My 7 mth old loves acorn squash. It's very easy to make. Cut up the squash, microwave for 10 minutes, let sit for 5, then puree (in a food processor). Squash is great with apple sauce. I buy the organic apple sauce and it's quite tart, so the squash balances it out. I freeze the apple sauce in little cubes to pull out when needed. Peas are also good and I've mixed them with zuchini (one is think and one is thin). I buy frozen peas, but the zuchini is coming out of my garden now.

great!

another question: does a fruit like apple or pear constitute a meal or a snack?