Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 100 % weaned this week - problem at night

Default 100 % weaned this week - problem at night

Jake is sleeping all night like 9hrs stright. That's not the issue. The issue is the bottle he gets right before bed, he is not happy with it. He crys and crys and crys. He takes all other bottles just fine, it's just the RIGHT BEFORE BED one that is an issue.

Any tips?

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Default Re: 100 % weaned this week - problem at night

Catch me up....so you weaned from breast to bottle this week and you are wanting to eliminate the bottle now?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Good Idea, sorry!!!

We starting weaning about a month or longer ago. I dropped one nursing session every 7 days. I started with the day time sessions first, then the morning with the right before bed time being last. That was this past week.

Due to my health I had to wean, I pushed it out as long as I could....

I had to cut him off 100% 3 days ahead of the 7 day marker again due to my health.

He took the bed time bottle just fine the 1st night - but since then.... he gets up set, he is crying, tossing his hands at the bottle. He will take an ounce or so then he crys more.

It's breaking my heart because I didn't want to wean him but I had to and it KILLS me to know that I can feed him but at the same time I can't feed him.

Any ideas on how to make him feel better with the night time bottle. He takes ALL OTHER bottles just fine!

Hmmmm, what about lots of skin-to-skin contact while offering it so he can feel your warmth and closeness?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

That sounds sad. I'm sorry, mama.

Is there someone else that can feed him the bottle? Maybe he'd take it better from someone else.

This link has some general tips on getting a baby to take a bottle, maybe something there will help? http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bottle.html
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

nolamomma - I am worrid that if I do that he will try to go for the gold. As he has alrady w/my shirt on! However, I tried last night to put the boppy on me and then lay him in it with his head in my arm and give it to him that way. He was not happy

lllshannon - Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I also had my hubby try last night - he got Jake to take a little bit and then he started to cry and get upset again.