Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pee Diapers

Default Pee Diapers

So at 11 months old how many pee diapers should a LO have? I am starting to worry that my LO isn't having enough. He goes fairly long stretches without peeing at all. Like 4 hours sometimes. Is that okay. He is BF and gets water throughout the day, maybe 4 oz at the most.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Default Re: Pee Diapers

When he does go does he soak the diaper??? 4 hours is a long time but its probably normal as long as his urine is clear and not strong smelling he is probably just fine. My 12 m old rarely goes more than 30m-1 hour without peeing during the day.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

An infant/toddler should have six or more wet diapers during any 24 hr period. Some children will hold their urine for a while, then release it all at once, soaking their diaper. Cloth diaper users will see more wet diapers.

Dark urine, urine that smells strong, and/or crystals passed in the urine are all signs of dehydration.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

He DEFINITELY will soak the diaper when he does go, but I was just nervous with it being such long periods. I am gonna make sure to count today. I would say it's not dark, or extra strong smelling.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    L '12
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

could be just ready for the potty.
    if hes holding it that long.

I counted that next day and he had about 6, so I guess I was worrying for nothing! Thanks for the info ladies!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    L '12
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11