Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not loosing baby weight yet...

Angry Not loosing baby weight yet...

Hi ladies,

So I've been working out now for a couple of weeks, a little over, and even though my body looks much better and toned, I still haven't shed a pound. I'm not doing silly workouts either. I try to workout for an hour and a half at least 4 days a week so I'm sweating and puffing a lot! I can't truly say that I've fixed my eating habits completely bc it is kind of hard to eat 5 times a day instead of eat until you're full for 3 times. But I do eat at least three times a day, healthy sized meals. I no longer over eat, I'm learning to eat just enough so that I never feel that overstuffed feeling anymore -it's awesome! So shouldn't the results be showing by now? I have these stubborn 15lbs that just wont budge. I lost 35lbs beautifully in the first few months through nursing but ever since nothing, nada! And my son is now 10 months so what the heck? Really frustrated here. Does this have anything to do with sugar levels/storing fat for nursing if so how do I tell my body to quit doing this?

Thanks, sorry I'm being such a whiner but I'm getting so frustrated
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Not loosing baby weight yet...

It sounds like your doing a great job!! Really!

With a workout where you are building muscle you will sometimes even gain weight, and lose slowly. Since you are building muscle you won't see that weight drop, but you are shedding fat and gaining muscle.

You said it yourself - you LOOK good! Do you feel good?? That's really important, don't discount that!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Yea, I've just been stubborn and haven't bought myself a whole new wardrobe to fit my new size and have been waiting to fit into my old stuff for quite a while. Just wish I could already, bc I really don't know what sort of bathing suit to buy now that I'm not bikini ready -we already bought my son's swimming apparel so I'm the only one holding us back from going to the pool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

I think those 15 lbs might stay with you until you wean... SOme mamas have those xlbs that stay on just because - like an insurance policy of sorts. I have it - I know many mamas had it... keep up with the work outs and they're good for the rest of your body and do your best to ignore the "extra" weight. I don't own a scale on purpose
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jaki.myny View Post
    Yea, I've just been stubborn and haven't bought myself a whole new wardrobe to fit my new size and have been waiting to fit into my old stuff for quite a while. Just wish I could already, bc I really don't know what sort of bathing suit to buy now that I'm not bikini ready -we already bought my son's swimming apparel so I'm the only one holding us back from going to the pool
    How about a tankini? Be easy on yourself mama, and go enjoy the pool!!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    I think those 15 lbs might stay with you until you wean... SOme mamas have those xlbs that stay on just because - like an insurance policy of sorts. I have it - I know many mamas had it... keep up with the work outs and they're good for the rest of your body and do your best to ignore the "extra" weight. I don't own a scale on purpose
    that is what I was going to say... some woman hold on to an extra 5-10 lbs while breastfeeding just to make sure you have enough extra to make all that milk. In fact I have heard that some midwives recommend an extra 5-10 lbs while brestfeeding ( if you are of normal weight) to make sure you have enough fat etc to make all the milk...
    I dunno My lo is 12 m and I still have a good 5 lbs to lose and its not budging AT ALL.... Oh well. I doubt I will ever be 112 lbs again anyway.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jaki.myny View Post

I did this. Still do. Buying new clothes is crazy expensive. I would recommend splurging on a suit that makes you feel good (tankinis are good and there are so many cute ones) and enjoying the pool this summer. IME I did not lose the weight for a long time and then it all just started coming off at once. But I went on a pretty restricted diet for my dd's allergies and that was a big factor. Anyway, I don't think it is too unusual. Personally a nice little chunk of weight came back once I was able to start adding in foods to my diet and then when dd weaned. So ironic b/c my diet didn't change too drastically and I am pretty active. Running every day at the moment. It is like my body knows another baby will come around eventually and is determined to leave a little room for one because it is all in the tummy and hips. Some days it gets me down but I know that I am doing a good job of taking care of myself and I have a beautiful daughter to show for it so it doesn't really bother me too much most of the time. Sometime I joke and say that my stubborn little daughter wanted to leave a piece behind as if to say "AK was here."

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.