Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: BM for 8 mo. old

Default BM for 8 mo. old

DD is exclusively feed EBM. It seems that over the past week she is drinking less milk. Does anyone know how many ounces of EBM an 8 mo. old she be getting. I just want to make sure she is getting enough. Thanks!
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Default Re: BM for 8 mo. old

The amount of expressed milk a child takes in can vary, just as the amount of milk a child would take in via direct breastfeeding varies. It's just that when a mother is EP'ing, it's so much easier to see these normal variances and worry about them. As long as baby is still having a normal amount of wet and dirty diapers, and the amount taken in is still close to normal, then there's not much to worry about.

However, if baby's intake drops dramatically, or output drops dramatically, or signs of illness appear, then you know it's something to take notice of.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!