Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby with food allergies!!!!!

Unhappy Baby with food allergies!!!!!

I just found out that my 7month old dd is allergic to wheat, soy, cows milk, oat, and egg. I don't know what to do. She eats baby cereal , the oatmeal kind and has no reaction to it at all. She has weaned herself from breastfeeding almost completely, but she eats baby food all the time , I am just unsure of what I should and need to do as far as her food allergies.
    Oh and I have eaten wheat bread since she was born and she hasn't had a reaction to that either.

Is there something I can do? She goes back in 3 - 4 months to be re-tested because her allergist doesn't think she is allergic to all of those things.

Default Re: Baby with food allergies!!!!!

How did you discover these allergies? Did she have a blood-test? Or did you do the strength testing? In my experience, allergies are leveled. On the high end the allergy may be severe (usually a 3) and on the low end, it might be a mild allergy (usually a 1). Sometimes the allergy manifests itself in a physical way (i.e. hives), but I have also heard of "emotional reactions" not sure what else they might be called (my niece who has a wheat allergy gets extremely hyper and unruly). It could be that your lo does in fact have all those allergies, but that she isn't showing physical signs yet. I would really push the person who performed the test on this and ask them the same questions. They should be able to give you an answer that your comfortable with. And let us know ... we all need to be informed to protect our kids too.

Thanks!