Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it possible?

Default Re: is it possible?

OK, so ever since I found this forum, I have been trying all sorts of things to bring my milk back in. I went to Wal-Mart and bought some fabric to make a no-sew sling for babywearing, I have been taking baths with my daughter, and have been having lots of skin to skin time. I got some Organic "Mother's MIlk Tea", and tomorrow I'm getting some fenugreek capsules, and have pretty much talked my husband into getting a "Lact-Aid" system. About 30 minutes ago, we were doing the s2s thing, and she kept nuzzling against my chest, so I decided to give it a try. SHE LATCHED ON WITH NO PROBLEM!!! There's no milk as of yet, but she latched! I am SOOOO excited right now!
    wife of Robert since 1-18-2007

mommy to Jacob (7-2-2004)

mommy to Kayla (3-24-2008)

Happy with my life as a mommy and US Air Force wife!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy.of.2 View Post
    OK, so ever since I found this forum, I have been trying all sorts of things to bring my milk back in. I went to Wal-Mart and bought some fabric to make a no-sew sling for babywearing, I have been taking baths with my daughter, and have been having lots of skin to skin time. I got some Organic "Mother's MIlk Tea", and tomorrow I'm getting some fenugreek capsules, and have pretty much talked my husband into getting a "Lact-Aid" system. About 30 minutes ago, we were doing the s2s thing, and she kept nuzzling against my chest, so I decided to give it a try. SHE LATCHED ON WITH NO PROBLEM!!! There's no milk as of yet, but she latched! I am SOOOO excited right now!
    Yay! That is so exciting momma! My lo has no interest in latching, so good for you! Keep up the good work!

Loving being a first time mom to Mia Lynn! Born 2/26/08!!

At birth:8 lbs
    Coming home: 7 lbs 6 oz
    1 month- 9 lbs 12 oz
    8 wks- 11 lbs 6 oz
    3.5 mos- 13 lbs 4 oz
    5.5 mos- 17 lbs 2 oz
    10 mos- ~20 lbs

awesome mama!!!

i'm so happy for you, keep up the good work!!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Thumbs up Re: is it possible?

Great! Hope the milk comes in soon with love!

My sis regrets not BFing.

Southwestern Ontario, the banana belt of Canada!

That's terrific! She may really like nursing for comfort, and being willing to latch makes using a supplementer system possible. I like the one Dr. Newman uses in his breastfeeding clinics. I modified his idea by using a Playtex nurser, with the tubing pulled through the hole in the nipple from the inside, making a system that doesn't leak. (This was not an original idea. Chele Marmet, IBCLC in California was doing this with another brand of bottle so long ago there weren't 4 oz. bottles, lol.)

In this video, Dr. Newman is using the supplementer to finger feed the baby and get him suckling, and then to get him started at the breast.http://drjacknewman.com/videos-finger-feed.asp For more information, contact Dr. Newman from his website.

UPDATE!!!

I got my breastpump from WIC today, and DD is still latching on with NO problem. I usually feed her some formula, so she won't be really fussy, then put her to the breast for a little bit and she suckles for a bit on each side, and when she gets fussy, I give her the bottle back.

I wanted to do the supplementer thing! I use Playtex nursers...but where do I get the tubing, and how do I do it???

When you find out how to do the supplementer thing let me know! I'm going to look at nipple shields today to see if that helps with the confusion. Wish me luck! btw I'm a proud USAF wife too!

Congratulations momma! You two are on the road to a wonderful bf relationship!!!

hey again!
    i have been pumping now...but i've got a few questions...
    how often should i be pumping and for how long at each session?
    i was taking fenugreek, but it gave me headache's and upset my stomach, is this normal? my dr won't prescribe reglan or anything, because she says i don't need it (i can't change doctors because i have military insurance, and they picked my doctor for me.), is there anything else i can do to aid in the milk making? thanks for all the hel!!!

This website has lots of info about various galactogogues
    http://www.lowmilksupply.org/increas...tagogues.shtml

This link takes right to the galactogogues portion.
    Marianne
    LLL Leader