Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Trying to wean, but how?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom23cuties357 View Post

    I am so unsure of this adventure. I mean I am still bf 5.5teeth later and and I have 49days until dd2 turns 1yrs. I think the pressure from dh, the 10months of lack of sleep, my period returning, packing dd1 and 2's clothes....I am losing my mind. I have so much to do in the next 49days it is not funny from getting ready for dd2 baptism and party, her 1yr party, making her baptism dress, just finished invitations, .... then our world is falling apart we found out our 2nd house may not be rented at the end of august, we got a letter from irs we owe money from 2yrs ago input error from dh, we got our house insurance to pay for, we need a 2nd car before august for dh so I can commute dd1 to school,....I just and to scream and cry.

    Sorry for the mini pitty party. I have had a long weekend and af is still here.
    awe you are having a rough go at things! If 1yr is your marker and it really upestes you to not meet it. Then HANG TOUGH! YOU CAN DO IT! However, if the stress is getting to you (and it sounds like it is) then maybe it is time... Either way it will be hard.

    Just know that your doing an awesome job right now! Your kids are VERY luck to have you as their mommy!

    Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,007

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    It's very important to meet your daughters needs. However, with that said, you will be no good to anyone if you feel you're not taking care of yourself It sounds like you are ready to throw in the towel, and if the choice is to give up altogether or simply night wean, I would suggest you night wean. Maybe even weaning a couple of the night feedings to give you a 5-6 hour block of sleep do you co-sleep? do you offer a paci? does she suck her find her fingers or thumb?
    ~Jenn~


    mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

    Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

    ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    just wanted to ask if your LO takes a bottle?
    toni
    Mom to: Aylin born 1-30-07 & Zadock born 7-25-05 Mmmm...boy stew.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not around here as much :(
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    I don't have much to offer either mama - We've just weaned at 23 mo.

    But I do want to mention DR Jays method, albeit fabulous (and how we night weaned) is'nt something he recommends until baby is 1 year or more.

    What do you really want out of all this? Can you give us a list of 5 things?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson


    Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

    We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

    I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Davenport, FL
    Posts
    763

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    Maybe even weaning a couple of the night feedings to give you a 5-6 hour block of sleep do you co-sleep? do you offer a paci? does she suck her find her fingers or thumb?
    I have not read about dr jay so I do not know what is ment by night wean? I assuming only nursing at night, right? 5 - 6 hours of sleep I am praying for the day I get more than 2.5hrs night. Do I do not co-sleep except in my recliner and she is usually on my lap or she will curl up in my arms and I do not sleep. Do paci she gave it up at 3months but she is a serious finger sucker. She has a sore on one finger she sucks so hard so long.

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamatoni View Post
    just wanted to ask if your LO takes a bottle?
    Yes, if I offer her a bottle of juice she will after she checks it out. however, my ped said no bottle at this point in the game. but she does not drink from a cup very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    But I do want to mention DR Jays method, albeit fabulous (and how we night weaned) is'nt something he recommends until baby is 1 year or more.

    What do you really want out of all this? Can you give us a list of 5 things?
    First, Hi have not seen you and I have been here in a while way too much going on. Okay, I am guessing night weaning is not feeding at night, right? I am getting so confused.

    5 things I want out of ?

    1) I want her to sleep at night
    2) I want 5hrs of sleep
    3) for her to know she can go to dh for comfort at night

    Really not much I am just depressed and stressed and felling like a fat cow. I can not get a thing during the day unless i put her in her play pen and that is good for 20min. I was sewing during the day but she is crawling all over the place so I am forever chasing her while doing house work. I want to know if I am normal?

    she is teething, crawling, trying to walk, not eatting baby food, not sleeping at night, I just ended an 8day visit from af, and last night i sat with her on the couch for two hours and she nursed off and on and I felt like an animal (she is sick from her shots last week so i know when she has a stuffy nose she nurses forever).

    Do not get me wrong I love bf more than I thought I would and to still be going is an achievment alone for me. I am just getting pressure from dh and my mom to wean her and I really do not think she is ready. I can not get dh to understand she just sees me tired all the time and resenting(sp) bf because I never had this with the other two.

    GAtta run dd2 is up from her rare 1hrs am nap. Thus, the reason why I am here.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

    Still going 14months later.

    1yr goal and save $2200 average.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    check this out...

    http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp

    It is a great suggested method on night-weaning (teaching your little one how to go through the night without nursing constantly).

    I will write more later, it's bedtime for the kids right now.

    Good Luck and hugs to you.
    toni
    Mom to: Aylin born 1-30-07 & Zadock born 7-25-05 Mmmm...boy stew.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Not around here as much :(
    Posts
    12,132

    Default Re: Trying to wean, but how?

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mom23cuties357 View Post

    First, Hi have not seen you and I have been here in a while way too much going on. Okay, I am guessing night weaning is not feeding at night, right? I am getting so confused.

    5 things I want out of ?

    1) I want her to sleep at night
    2) I want 5hrs of sleep
    3) for her to know she can go to dh for comfort at night

    Really not much I am just depressed and stressed and felling like a fat cow. I can not get a thing during the day unless i put her in her play pen and that is good for 20min. I was sewing during the day but she is crawling all over the place so I am forever chasing her while doing house work. I want to know if I am normal?

    she is teething, crawling, trying to walk, not eatting baby food, not sleeping at night, I just ended an 8day visit from af, and last night i sat with her on the couch for two hours and she nursed off and on and I felt like an animal (she is sick from her shots last week so i know when she has a stuffy nose she nurses forever).

    Do not get me wrong I love bf more than I thought I would and to still be going is an achievment alone for me. I am just getting pressure from dh and my mom to wean her and I really do not think she is ready. I can not get dh to understand she just sees me tired all the time and resenting(sp) bf because I never had this with the other two.

    GAtta run dd2 is up from her rare 1hrs am nap. Thus, the reason why I am here.




    Quickly I want to say yes you've done great!!!! If you don't think it's time to wean then dont. Don't talk to your mom about it and work with your DH to understand you're feelings and emplore him to be your partner in this.

    You are not feeling anything abnormal at all... it is reasonable to feel the feelings you have - nursing or not.. there is NO WAY of knowing how she'd be if you weren't nursing...

    I all but forget housework until they're about 1... then I only do the minimal amount your older ones can pitch in (that includes DH )

    Dr Jays mothod is really great- but as I said he doesn't recommend trying it until baby is 1 - can you hold out for a few more months to give it a go???? I know many moms had their DH's to help at night while usding this method... (not me - so I can't help you there. DH does no night parenting.. but my choice )
    You've endured so much - this is just another thing for you to survive
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson


    Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

    We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

    I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •