Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Which bottle/nipple do you recommend?

Default Which bottle/nipple do you recommend?

Hi all,

What bottle and nipple would you recommend for me. I breastfeed almost exclusively but need to use the bottle when I go on business trips.
    Last edited by pibre; July 31st, 2006 at 01:23 PM.

Default Re: Which bottle/nipple do you recommend?

I have heard Dr. Browns has a newborn bottle that is supposed to similate a nipple. Gerer has a brand of nipples called NUK (they also have them in pacifiers) that are in the shape of a breastfeeding nipple and they fit on most bottles. I use them with my Playtex Ventaire bottles.

I highly recommend the Playtex wide NaturalLatch nipples. My son is 6.5 months and we still use the slow flow nipples. I like the bottles with the disposible liners. It seems to help reduce gas/burps.

WE use Dr. Brown's.., we tried Avent as well, but DD had a hard time with those, I am smaller, so maybe the nipple was too big?

Megan

We also used Dr. Browns, for reasons stated above. My dd spits up profusely when we use Avent bottles, but some bf babies do fine with them.

Have you considered using a cup feeder or something that does not have a synthetic nipple?

Here's link...

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/a...e-feeding.html

Foley cup feeder

http://www.foleycup.com/

Medela makes one too, you could search for it.

We've used Playtex NaturaLatch w/ disposable liners and most recently started to use Playtex Ventaire NaturaLatch. They really work for us. My ds is currently bottle fed w/ breastmilk at least two to three feedings a day and hasn't had a problem with nipple confusion or gas pains.

Good luck! Sometimes it can take trying a couple of different ones before you find the right fit.

I use Avent bottles with the slowest flow nipple they have and my DD has been fine with that. She only uses bottles 2 to 3 days per week as I only work part time and has not had any nipple confusion or issues, but I know some babies are very particular. Go with which one you like best after looking at them. From all I've read it seems there is no "best" bottle, its very individual. Good luck!

~June

Evenflow classic orthopedic worked out well, also the Parent's Choice /Nuby No Drip nipples are very nice (for older babies. he didn' have enough suction for them at 1st)

http://store.babycenter.com/product/nuby/7727?intcmp=

We use Playtex natural latch w/ the disposable liners. No nipple confusion, no upset stomach for us. It's kind of large, which was a little difficult for dd at first, but I guess that helped prevent her from rejecting the breast as "too difficult" and is directly related to encouraging proper latch.