Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Meals?

Default Meals?

At what age did you Mamas start scheduling meals as opposed to one meal for the day?!

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

Default Re: Meals?

I just let the meals schedule themselves. I always offered Abby some of whatever I was eating whenever I ate, and that seemed to work fine. So most days she eats breakfast at about 6 am, has a snack around 9:30, lunch around noon, afternoon snack around 2pm, dinner at 5pm, and then a before bed snack around 6:30. For the most part I'm eating when she is, and we're usually eating the same thing. I also keep things like crackers or whole grain cereal around for her to nibble on, because she is a huge eater (at 19 months).
    Rachel

Mama to my precious girls, Abigail and Naomi

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." - Elizabeth Cady Stanton in a letter to Julia Ward Howe, October 16, 1873. Recorded in Howe's diary at Harvard University Library.

We moved into two meals a day Breakfast and lunch, between 8 & 9 months.
    We were at 3 meals a day by 10 months. Breakfast lunch and dinner. And up to 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks plus 3 meals by a year. But I let him lead and the "meals" before a year we gaged on a saucer from a cup and saucer set. So it wasn't a huge amount of food. He was still getting his hunger and nutritional needs met by me.
    We moved into the 3 sectional plates at the year point and that is still what we use for portions. HTH!!!

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks ladies

Does anyone have any advice on how much I should be offering my LO, for she EBF & my Pedi only instructed me to make sure she gets her iron?! Until she gets a little older, I am not doing the BLS because she really isn't consuming anything herself at this point. She justs sucks on things & I like to know that she is benefiting from the food in more ways than just for teething purposes?! Not to mention the mess & the waste!

I have been giving her about 2tbl oatmeal with a small amout of fruit mixed & a small portion of veggies. I like to give her variety and she seems to love it. I just hate not knowing how much to feed her?! I know all about the BLS approach & I do think it's great - I'll go with it when I feel she is ready (see above!)

Look forward to your responses

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

We started solids around 8 months and by 10 months I was offering her food 3 times a day. I hestitate to call them meals because she would eat little bits here and there. Now she is 12 m and eats 3 times a day and snacks and still nurses 5-7 times a day. Don't worry to much.. just offer baby food when you are eating. Just remember to always nurse first.... until 12 m and make sure that no more than 25% of the diet is from solids until after 12 months.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!