Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So Excited About a Manual!!!

Thumbs up So Excited About a Manual!!!

Ok so I have to share my excitement about this...DH just wouldn't get it, nor would any of my girlfriends as their kids are all too old.
    I mentioned earlier this week somewhere on here that my Medela electric pump was broke. No warranty-hand me down twice. So I went all week worried about the 4 frozen bags of milk that I have left in the deep freeze.
    I had to do something and b/c of yucky employment insurance being so low, I decided I would cave and buy myself a manual pump. I was terrified b/c I've only heard negative things about them.
    Well...I set the whole thing up so that I would know how it should look after I sterilize it and I put it on. After nursing LO for at least 45 minutes for his bedtime feeding, I pushed on the handle about 4 times and had milk just coming out freely! I couldn't believe it. No pain...I could hardly even feel it!
    I am just sooooo happy!!!!
    I have no idea how well it will go tomorrow morning when I try it but I guess it should be fine since I am always gushing with milk even after the first few feedings!
    Ok I'm done! I just had to share my suprise and excitement with anyone that would listen. In case anyone is interested it was a Lansinoh pump. Only $45.00 (canadian)

Happy pumping ladies!!
    Colleen

Default Re: So Excited About a Manual!!!

I love my manual pump. I have an electric too & I never use it.
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

Well, I guess I was previously misinformed! I feel like I should've tried it when I had my first son 9 years ago! I may have gotten out more way back then!

I my manual too! The suction seems so much stronger for some reason. The double was electric was nice though if I was at work and needed to pump quickly.
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

I love my manual, too! I have an Avent Isis and pump so much more than with the electrics. No one ever believes me about the manuals.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

I have an avent isis as well and I love it! The first time I used it (early morning) I got 5 1/2 oz from one side
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*2xmom View Post
    Ok so I have to share my excitement about this...DH just wouldn't get it, nor would any of my girlfriends as their kids are all too old.
    I mentioned earlier this week somewhere on here that my Medela electric pump was broke. No warranty-hand me down twice. So I went all week worried about the 4 frozen bags of milk that I have left in the deep freeze.
    I had to do something and b/c of yucky employment insurance being so low, I decided I would cave and buy myself a manual pump. I was terrified b/c I've only heard negative things about them.
    Well...I set the whole thing up so that I would know how it should look after I sterilize it and I put it on. After nursing LO for at least 45 minutes for his bedtime feeding, I pushed on the handle about 4 times and had milk just coming out freely! I couldn't believe it. No pain...I could hardly even feel it!
    I am just sooooo happy!!!!
    I have no idea how well it will go tomorrow morning when I try it but I guess it should be fine since I am always gushing with milk even after the first few feedings!
    Ok I'm done! I just had to share my suprise and excitement with anyone that would listen. In case anyone is interested it was a Lansinoh pump. Only $45.00 (canadian)

Happy pumping ladies!!
    Colleen

Hi, Colleen! I just joined the group today and saw this post. This is one of the pumps I am considering. I know Lansinoh also has a double electric...I just posted a new thread asking people's opinions on different pumps, so I was excited to see that you like yours. The reviews I have read on them have all been pretty favorable.

Do you think the manual would be easier for someone like me who only plans to pump occasionally? I am due in 1-2 weeks with my first baby, so this is all new to me! Any input you have would be great! Thanks!

you can try hand expression too...
    that's free all you need is something to catch the milk in.