Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BPA - Bottles and Babies R Us

Default Re: BPA - Bottles and Babies R Us

I called two stores by my house and one said that they would take up to 5 bottles w/o a receipt. The other store said they would do anything for the safety of a baby. I have bottles in packages and some not in packages b/c she doesn't like the bottle. I have been waiting to be able to return the suckers! I am glad that I held on to them.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Anyone here use the glass born free bottles??? I think I may get those. They will prob last a little longer.
    Cosleeping, Cding, BWing, Aping, nonvaxing, Ecing, Tandem nursing Mama

Breslynn Noelle 3/15/08
    Adalynn Grace 5/7/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kelmarsol View Post
    Anyone here use the glass born free bottles??? I think I may get those. They will prob last a little longer.
    I don't have them or know anyone that uses them. HOwever, I thought I would tell you why I didn't want to use them. 1) they are glass, there for when my DS is older enough to hold the bottle himself I don't want him to dorp/or toss it and break it. and 2) they are much more heavier - the diaper bag is already heavy enough

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

I just took mine back to toys r us and they gave me store credit for all my bottles. I had some in packages and some not. They even took back the drop in kind, since LO has never had a bottle, I figured why not try to return what I had. No questions asked. for toys r us! I am glad that the US is catching on. They went out of their way IMO
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

update on me. i took back 17 Avent bottles tonight, 12 4oz (heavily used), 3 11oz (never used but no packaging), and 5 9oz (half used other half new out of package)

i'm sure i have a few more that i couldn't find but i wanted to get up there ASAP...

anyway, they originally said swap 1 for 1 only on the phone this morning, they repeated this when i walked in, then switched girls at the desk mid transaction, she handed me a gift card for full new value of everything, 85.14!!!

give it a shot if you have anything to return
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    update on me. i took back 17 Avent bottles tonight, 12 4oz (heavily used), 3 11oz (never used but no packaging), and 5 9oz (half used other half new out of package)

i'm sure i have a few more that i couldn't find but i wanted to get up there ASAP...

anyway, they originally said swap 1 for 1 only on the phone this morning, they repeated this when i walked in, then switched girls at the desk mid transaction, she handed me a gift card for full new value of everything, 85.14!!!

give it a shot if you have anything to return
    NICE! You made out like a bandit!!!

wow - I have TONS of avent bottles.

What brand do they replace them with - born free? you get to choose?
    Last edited by @llli*chargermom; June 19th, 2008 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*chargermom View Post
    wow - I have TONS of avent bottles.

What brand do they replace them with - born free? you get to choose?
    In my case I was able to choose what I wanted. However, I had to pay the difference. Luckly I didn't need too many bottles as I already had so for me it was even steven.

COol! I wouldnt want that many bottles either. We have tons of bottles (have no idea why I thought we needed these!) and use just a tiny handful when I am at work.

THANKS!!

yeah they were going to just make me swap the $ of the Avent for the bottles of my choic and i'd pay any difference... the store i went to had the following BPA free that i saw:

Dr Brown
    Dr Brown Glass
    Born Free
    Newish Playtex

they did not have the new Vented Mam BPA bottles free that we've been using along with the Avent Via BM Storage... FWIW you can use the Avent Nipples with the new MAM BPA Free Bottles.... right now we have 2 actual bottles one stay at the sitter's house, one at home, we both hadwash every day...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07