Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: mother's milk tea ?

Default mother's milk tea ?

i don't have production problems but i don't think i'm a over producer, i will be returning to work and wondered if it's ok to drink the mothers milk tea scince ill be pumping 3 times a day instead of nursing ?

Default Re: mother's milk tea ?

I drink it about 1/2 hour before pumping at work (3x a day) and it has seemed to increase my supply by about an ounce. My supply was just right, but I was getting ready to go out of town, so I was drinking the tea to squeaze out 4 bottles a day instead of the usually three. I now squeeze out about an extra 7 bottles a week, good stash.

Who is the make of this tea and where do you get it at? I am interested in trying this.

I used the tea when I came back to work and felt like my supply was dropping. It was a life saver!

You can also get it from Whole food stores and I have found it in the local grocery store in the health food section.
    It rocks, I like the taste of it with some honey!!

if mother's milk tea doesn't work for you, you could try fenugreek. you can also get fenugreek at GNC. i'm also planning on trying mother's milk tea next week when i go back to work. i took fenugreek for a couple of weeks when my dd was 4 weeks old, and i definitely noticed an increase in my milk supply.

Does it all depend on what works for you? I've noticed reading some of the responses that the fenugreek helps produce more, more of the time. Also, can you do both at the same time?

Mother's Milk Tea actually contains fenugreek, but I've read it's not strong enough to affect your supply (unless you are drinking A LOT of the tea).

You might want to look at these links for more help:

Increasing Low Milk Supply

Fenugreek Seed for Increasing Milk Supply

I've heard a lot of positive things about oatmeal ...
    Oatmeal for increasing milk supply

This is a wonderful link about possible things that could be lowering your supply
    Hidden Hinderances to a Healthy Milk Supply

And then, you've probably all already read it, but there is a great page from LLL about how to tell if you are actually having a low supply issue or not. How can I tell if my baby is getting enough milk? And, last, but not least, here is a page to help working moms who need to pump and possibly increase their supply: I'm not pumping enough milk. What can I do?

Good luck!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I started taking Blessed Thissle along with Fenugreek and Mothers Milk tea. I have not received the Domperidone yet. Does anyone think this is too much? FYI, I am trying to relactate. To update you all on my progress...I still have not been succseful trying to get my daughter to the breast but I am pumping an ounce a day when before I was getting zilch!

Quote Originally Posted by Drea1599
    I started taking Blessed Thissle along with Fenugreek and Mothers Milk tea. I have not received the Domperidone yet. Does anyone think this is too much? FYI, I am trying to relactate. To update you all on my progress...I still have not been succseful trying to get my daughter to the breast but I am pumping an ounce a day when before I was getting zilch!
    Hi Drea, it sounds like you are making progress! I have heard the blessed thisle works best in combination with fenugreek. So you decided to try the Domperidone? I hope it gives you a big boost! I have been taking Domperidone, fenugreek, and drinking 2 cups of mother's milk tea for over 4 months now. No side effects to report.

Have you met with a LLL Leader or an IBCLC to help get the baby back to the breast?

Jennifer