Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yikes

Unhappy Yikes

We had our first biting experience while nursing.

I pulled her off and said "Nooooo, that hurts" She broke out the crocodile tears, she is ! Luckily she didn't do it again........yet! We almost made it a year! She has finally cut her second tooth & I think there is one on top trying to come in so that may be a reason -

mama isn't a teether though
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Default Re: Yikes

aww so sorry that happened! but i'm impressed that you went 11 mo w/o a bite I think you did the right thing, and I hope it doesnt happen again-I understand the pain of a little baby bite!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

I hate the biting (as everyone does I'm sure)

LO went through a phase about 8 weeks ago when he had 2 teeth, he would suck my nipple through his teeth, like he was straining it or sucking jello through your teeth. I can't explain it but it was HORRIBLE!!!!!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

We didn't have our first bite until almost 13 months, probably because DD has been a "late" teether. She hasn't done it again since then, so I'm hoping she understood me the first time. Good luck!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Be careful as you pull her off though. If she's clamped on, it can be better to pull her into you a little to make her let go before pulling her away so you don't get yanked. Just a little trick I learned from a friend. Thankfully the biting is often a phase they get over quickly.

I just got my first bite the other day when we were up at 5 am... I screamed cause it felt like all 9 of his teeth chomped away. He cried, and dad took him away while I held my boob.

But anyways you did the right thing with taking her away. She'll learn that if she bites then she won't be getting the boob for a few seconds, or until the pain goes away.