Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Helping a friend, to relactate and get baby to breast

Default Helping a friend, to relactate and get baby to breast

I posted here before trying to get help for my friend, she decided to NOT go forth with it and so I never looked at the thread again.

WELL now she is REALLY wanting to get baby back to breast and again I am here seeking help from you all for her.

She has a 2 1/2 month old who brest fed for the first 9 days off her life, though my friend *Jessikah* her milk never dropped nor came in, So she gave up.

Im not 100% sure what happened or if that was the real reason to why she stopped nursing.

She has a pump, so she could use it if that would work. Im not sure if baby is willing to nurse again latch wise? I belive she DIDNT have a problem with latching before it was just her milk didnt come in.

I told her she could take pills to start her milk back up and get it going as well as pump is that the right info to tell her? If so PLEASE tell me in detail what I shodl tell her to do.

I am SO HAPPY she has come to me asking for help. Because I struggesled with my baby in the begining but I kept with it, so Im glad to help her now as well.

ALSO her poor DD has SUPER bad acid reflux and has been on Nutramegan since she quit nursing. She also has a problem with pooping, so she has been giving her karo syrup gripe water and supasatories (sp?) so many probelms thats why she REALLY wants to try breastfeeding again.

Please help us. Thank you!!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Default Re: Helping a friend, to relactate and get baby to breast

I think it's great you want to help her

Can she come check in though? Often times information is best received when you're looking at it yourself?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: Helping a friend, to relactate and get baby to breast

Yes I told her about this forum, she doesnt know how to use a forum, so I'll have to show her before she can get help on her own.
    It was SO confusing to me when I first started, and now is confusing again since theyve updated. ahhh

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*