Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: whole milk

Default whole milk

At what age did you give your lo whole milk? I had always heard to wait until they are 1 year. At our last check up I had issues as we met with a np and she had told me to start giving my lo whole milk then - my lo was 9 mo's at that time. My lo will be 1 in 3 weeks & I have had lots of people mention starting her on whole milk. Just introducing it to her. I am lost as to what I should do, what have some of you done? Does anybody have any advice?
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Default Re: whole milk

Are you still nursing? If so, how often?

If you're still nursing her regularly, there's not a need for it

Here you go - this is just a good intro to all this info.

If your baby is older than 9-10 months and still breastfeeds regularly (at least a few times a day), and is expanding his interest in solid foods, he does not require any additional milk (formula, cow's milk, soy milk, rice milk or the equivalent nutrients from other foods).
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

yep still nursing. She takes 12 oz during day and then nurses on demand at night. I was going to start the weaning process at 1. I was going to start off by reducing pump sessions during the day. I work during the day and pump. Just confused on how and when and what to do & most people close to me that I can talk to all formula fed.
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Well check out that link and see if it helps answer your questions.. if not - come back and ask more
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

For pump weaning help you can do a search for "pump weaning" and you should find lots of helpful links. I pumped weaned when my LO turned 1 and started offering cows milk right around that time. He didn't like it at first so I never forced it since we were still nursing. Then one day he took a liking to it and he drinks a couple of sippy cups per day now.

Whatever you decide to do just take it slow.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09