Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Less supply at 10 mo?

Default Less supply at 10 mo?

I've managed to nurse my LO for over 10 months now (breastfeed at home, pump at work 4 days/week). He has been nursing a little less at home now with the addition of solids, but still wants his two to three 5 oz bottles at daycare. I seem to be having a hard time pumping this amount anymore. Maybe it's due to less stimulation, or the fact that I've missed a few more pumps here and there. Anyway, just wondering how much milk/solids other babies are taking at this age. Thanks.

Default Re: Less supply at 10 mo?

Hi there, just wanted to chime in to say that my DD is 8.5 months and I am experiencing the same thing. We started solids at about 6 months, and she has gradually been moving from the pureed foods and cereal to more and more table food. My DD generally gets breakfast, lunch, 2 afternoon snacks, and dinner.

I don't know what you are doing, but since I can't get as much when I pump, I have been having to supplement with formula. It was really bothering me at first (to not be able to pump enough) but I guess this is part of the gradual weaning process. I do not intend to fully wean my DD until she is at least 12 months, but I can tell we are already on our way

Well, just wanted to say I'm experiencing the same thing and hoping to hang in there and keep nursing as long as my LO needs/wants it.

HTH,
    Buff
    Last edited by @llli*buff24; June 18th, 2008 at 08:27 AM. Reason: **
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.