Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Block feeding - how long to work?

Default Block feeding - how long to work?

Just wondering how long it takes for block feeding to have an effect on baby. I started yesterday and she had her worst night of fussing so far - does this mean it isn't working, or do I need to give it more time???

Default Re: Block feeding - how long to work?

It take time mama

It took us about 3-5 days for me to really see an effect on my supply
    had you seen this link?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    It take time mama

It took us about 3-5 days for me to really see an effect on my supply
    had you seen this link?
    It took us a few days as well.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Is that to see a change in my milk supply or in baby's fussiness, or do they both happen at the same time? I figured I'd see a change right away since she would be getting more hindmilk immediately....or am I wrong about that?

I wouldn't expect anything immediate when it comes to these things - although it would be nice It takes the body some time to adjust to the needs your nursing patterns send. And as far as baby is concerned it will take a few days there as well as his body needs to adjust to whats happening as well... keep it up and let us know how things look in a few days...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Most mothers do indeed find that it takes several days before much change is seen. The color and consistency of poops, gassiness, and supply will slowly change over time, as your body adjusts. I know it's hard, but keep it up, you'll see results soon.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thanks ladies! I'll keep you updated...I'm hopeful!