Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What kind of diaper rash is this? Yeast?

Default What kind of diaper rash is this? Yeast?

Hi ladies,

My son, who has only had a diaper rash twice in his life, has this really weird diaper rash. It's red but also has this white little cluster of bumps. I've seen bumps in his diaper rashes before but the ones I've seen looked like pimples. These ones are very different. They like a cluster of some sort of white material, it nearly looks like a white sea sponge -that is the only thing that I can think of...My intuition says this is something that probably needs to be medicated but with what and what it is in the first place. Also, I just started using a new diaper rash cream and I'm wondering if it could have created an allergic reaction bc like I said he never really gets them but he was starting to get a tiny so I started putting this new one on him and now this happens? What could it be?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: What kind of diaper rash is this? Yeast?

Thanks. I looked at the pick and it doesn't look like his rash at all...I got an appt w/ his ped to check out in a couple hours thought because he does seem to feel pain bc of it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

From your description, it sounds like it might be a yeasty rash. However, it's quite hard to tell over the internet, and we're not doctors in any case. Taking him in to the doc is probably your best course of action. Let us know how it goes!
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!