Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did anyone else have mixed feelings???

Default Re: Did anyone else have mixed feelings???

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    I found that it took a couple weeks for my supply at pumping times to taper off. When I felt uncomfortably "full" I found it helped to either hand express or use a hand pump to "take off the edge".
    I wasn't getting much from that afternoon pump session anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if I have little to no discomfort whatsoever (thus the reason I've been so afraid of dropping it in the first place). I'll let you know - thanks for all the advice on it and hand holding - you're one of the main reasons I'm giving this a try

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama-cpa View Post
    you're one of the main reasons I'm giving this a try
    Eeek! That's a lot of responsibility!

I hope it goes well and you don't want to end up throwing your pump at me.

When I stopped pumping, DS was only taking like 2 or 3 oz of EBM at preschool so it didn't seem to be worth all that effort for only a couple of oz. Since I was only pumping that small amount, the transition to not pumping was pretty easy for me.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    When I stopped pumping, DS was only taking like 2 or 3 oz of EBM at preschool so it didn't seem to be worth all that effort for only a couple of oz. Since I was only pumping that small amount, the transition to not pumping was pretty easy for me.
    That's where we are - I add cow's milk on top of the pittance that I pump for her dcp. She drinks one cup of whole milk/EBM combined and one cup of OJ (when I say cup, I'm not meaning 8 oz - more like around 4-6 oz). Rest is water. I think she'll be fine Thanks again!!