Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: decreased diaper output

Default decreased diaper output

Sarai has had about 4 wets today. I am worried. I have had unending supply issues but am and have been on reglan and dont think its that. However it was 100plus today, shes not lethargic or different in anyway. We went out earlier to get groceries ect. and she got so hot poor baby all her hair was soaked. I got her home and nursed and nursed and nursed some more. should i be worried?

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert

Default Re: decreased diaper output

*I* wouldn't worry at this point. Their output does change over time but since it was so hot, that might be part of it. (I despise SO CAL summers )
    This info on signs of dehydration comes from this page:

Following are signs of dehydration:

fewer than 2 wet diapers in a 24-hour period
    baby not behaving normally (more irritable, less active, sleeping more)
    lethargy
    listlessness
    weak cry
    no tears (in an infant older than 3 months)
    dry mouth
    skin that stays wrinkly-looking when pinched (pull up the skin on the front of the hand; it should pop easily back into place - not stay pinched or wrinkly-looking)
    eyes that look sunken
    cool, clammy extremities, especially the fingers and toes
    fast breathing, or a heart that is beating faster than usual
    fever
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanks yeah according to that i dont think shes dehydrated so im happy for that but since shes turned six months it seems like her output has changed a little.

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!

And it will - that is to be expected as their bladder/bowel matures.

But I can imagine how distressing that could be - especially for a mama such as yourself - having gone through so much to get to where you are now
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanks i was like watching her to see if she peed any face shed make or if shed stop crawling i would run and check its been crazy today i mean ive been crazy today

can you let her go naked for a spell??? You're using cloth too, right?

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

yes i am using cloth and so happy for that if it were sposies i woulda thought she hadnt had a wet diaper all day gonna try her going nude tomorrow ive already had a three year old pee on the rug

There ya go! Let us know how it goes! Do you still pump at all - you can also do mom-sicles too... (I never did them but I hear great things about them )

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

I do pump still but havent tried them yet...

Well it was just a thought since it is so dang hot lately and maybe this would help her get some additional fliuds when nursing gets too uncomfortable (because of the heat)...

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson