Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What bottles are great for breastfeeding babies?

Default What bottles are great for breastfeeding babies?

What bottles are great for breastfeeding babies, when you do express milk?

Default Re: What bottles are great for breastfeeding babies?

I really like the Dr. Browns bottles. My LO has not had any problems with them (other than beginning to prefer them...so please when you start using bottles, keep some time on the breast too). They really do seem to help slow down the flow and reduce the air bubbles she sucks down.

We use the Medela bottles, They are excellent and BPA free
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

We use the Playtex drop-in system recommended by my LC. LO prefers the brown latex nipples - probably because they're soft like a breast.

Be sure to use level one nipples if your LO is young so that the flow isn't too fast. This is especially important if you want to maintain a couple of breastfeeding sessions each day.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*fabmom View Post
    We use the Playtex drop-in system recommended by my LC. LO prefers the brown latex nipples - probably because they're soft like a breast.

Be sure to use level one nipples if your LO is young so that the flow isn't too fast. This is especially important if you want to maintain a couple of breastfeeding sessions each day.

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*fabmom View Post

that's what we have as well

So far, ds has only had 5 or 6 bottles, and it's usually when I have to be somewhere else (and once when ds1 wanted to feed him). It's more of an occasional thing around here, although when I see that the frozen milk is getting close to expiring, I will probably bottle feed and then pump for an updated freezer stash

I usually pump after the missed nursing sessions. However, to get my stash started, I use to pump late at night (after ds last feeding) or early morning when I felt more full.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I didn't get to use bottle with my LO since she refused!! But all my friends used the playtex system with great sucess!!
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones