Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: prenatal vitamins?

Default prenatal vitamins?

how many of you still take a prenatal vitamin even if you're not pregnant? is there a good vitamin one would recommend for lactating moms in general? thanks!

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: prenatal vitamins?

I am still taking the prescription prenatal I was given when I told the doctor we wanted to get pregnant. She just renewed the prescription for another year, to keep taking it as long as I'm bfing. It's just a generic brand, so sorry I don't have a name to give you...

I can say though that I have certainly noticed a difference those few times when I haven't unpacked from a trip yet (don't tell my grandma that my suitcases sit half full on the floor! *gasp*) and missed a few days since the vitamins were still in the bags! Taking vitamins seems to help me a lot.

well, I was wondering this about myself, because I actually do not take them and haven't taken them since I gave birth. I ran out and stoped taking them pretty much. I still feel just fine and I am one that tries to listen to my body. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to keep taking them. But mostly I jsut eat a balanced diet and drink to thirst and I feel great!

thanks! I just bought some Target brand prenatals today to start on. Hopefully those will be good enough.

I've been taking mine regularly also, as I think as a nursing mom it's important. I just use a "Nature Made" brand from Costco.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Oh, I have to admit, that BC I was so sick in my pregnancy I really did not take them after the 1st few weeks. Then with Thomas' milk allergy's I never went back BC the ones that I have had milk protein in them. Anyway, this is a good reminder for me to go and get some tomorrow! As the Dr says that at this point BC of my diet being so restricted for Thomas that " It is coming straight from my bones, and I will pay later on in life" Well worth it for my little guy, but anyway with us TTC I need to be on something anyway.

I have some that I got from Wal-Mart...I think the name brand is One Source. I took them the whole time I was pregnant and they never made me sick to my stomach! And they are inexpensive, only about $5-6 for a big bottle! I still take them everyday.