Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: can i produce milk again?

Default can i produce milk again?

i have a 10 week old daughter who is on formula. she has severe g.e.r.d. i have always believed breastfeeding is the ONLY way to go, but after delivery my milk never came in. i tried everything i could. after 9 days of her screaming day and night and me just not producing barely ANYTHING i turned to formula. she is and has been on nutramigen since her 9th day of life. i recently met with a lactation consultant and she was advocating breastfeeding. it got me thinking, and the last few days i have been SO torn on what to do. i WANT to breastfeed my daughter more than anything. my breast are completely dry but she told me that if i really want to that i can. she recommended fenugreek tablets along with mothers milk tea and a manual pump. im curious, is this REALLY going to work? will my body make milk even though theres nothing in my breasts what-so-ever? ill do anything at this point to get my baby back on my breast.

Default Re: can i produce milk again?

Yes indeed it can be done There is a whole secton of the forums dedicated to just this very thing. See more here

Good luck to you!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Yes, it's totally possible. You mention that the LC recommended a manual pump. Most mothers find better results with a hospital-grade double pump. number3 posted a good link for you, lots of info there.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

you can do it!
    I agree about the pump.

heres some more info

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

don't be afraid to call your local leader she can help!