Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: solu-medrol 125 mg injection - ok to bf?

Default Re: solu-medrol 125 mg injection - ok to bf?

about 6 hours ago (in urgent care, that's why it was so sudden and not with my dr etc)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*thecowgirl View Post
    about 6 hours ago (in urgent care, that's why it was so sudden and not with my dr etc)
    got it!

It's an L2 (as many 'considered safe' meds are - even for chronic use - read more about that here) and the half life is fast (about 3 hrs)... and it's approved for use in BF mothers, by the AAP.
    You've got to figure what you're willing to do as the next step - y/k?

HTH
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number3 View Post
    got it!

It's an L2 (as many 'considered safe' meds are - even for chronic use - read more about that here) and the half life is fast (about 3 hrs)... and it's approved for use in BF mothers, by the AAP.
    You've got to figure what you're willing to do as the next step - y/k?

HTH
    yes, thanks. where did you find the half life?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*thecowgirl View Post
    yes, thanks. where did you find the half life?
    Dr Hales book
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

The info I included in my first post was the one he referenced on his forum. The half-life is how long it takes for half to clear. The "time to clear" that I included is how long it takes for it to be statistically metabolized by your body. :-)

Prednisone is a different medication, but has similar properties. That's why he referenced it in the entry.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

thanks mamas, you all ROCK!

So glad we could help. It's why we're here. Feel better soon!
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!