Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I put my pump away for good?

Default Should I put my pump away for good?

Tori is almost 17 mos. Still nursing about 4x's a day and I still pump once in the morning so she can have something in a bottle when I'm at work. She drinks whole milk from a sippy cup, but still wants a bottle occasionally. Should I give in and let her just have the whole milk in the bottle if she's really wanting one? Or should I just continue my once a day pumping until she is weaned from the bottle? I'm so back and forth on this one. Somedays, I hate my pump, others I'm ok.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Default Re: Should I put my pump away for good?

how much milk are you pumping?

MAybe you could try every other day?

Don't quit cold turkey
    thats never comfortable for mom if your pumping say 10 oz of milk at one setting.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/w...from-pump.html

I'm only pumping about 3-4 oz. But She only drinks a bottle Mon-Thurs. I still pump the other 3 days I'm not working and it just sort of rotates in the fridge so I have enough for her bottles. Does that make since? I don't have engorgement problems when I don't pump or anything.
    Hi! I'm Shelley!
    Feeling like a and lovin' it!
    Cloth Diapering Convert

Married DH 8/5/2000
    DS 2/25/03 Always making me laugh!
    DD 1/23/07 Loves to Breastfed 15 months with no end in sight!

Since she's older and can take in other foods now, and still nursing when you're together, she'd be ok without that bottle of your milk. So if you're just done with pumping, then hang up the horns. However, if you don't mind pumping, and she's still happily drinking expressed milk, then it's not going to harm her to continue to have a few ounces of pumped milk every day. Do what feels right to you.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

its really your decision! What you think your LO needs.

I stopped pumping when my DD was about 16 months. I had a freezer full and was frankly just tired of pumping!