Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Oversupply and OALD - Prep for Baby #2

Default Oversupply and OALD - Prep for Baby #2

So after 6 weeks of misery with baby #1, I finally saw the light and realized I had a problem. Thank goodness for this forum and my IBCLC friend. We started block feeding and BFing suddenly was less a labor of love, and more of a beautiful relationship for me and my son.
    Fast forward almost 2 years . . . . Baby #2 is due in 2 months. For those of you that had OALD, did you experience it with subsequent pregnancies? I don't want to apply limits with BFing in the first week(s) because I know how important it is for establishing supply. When should I start thinking about OALD and block feeding? After a week? 2 weeks?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Oversupply and OALD - Prep for Baby #2

we don't have baby #2 yet,...but i had an oald with #1 and now you've got me wondering the same thing ...will be checking in to hear the responses.

Hi mama - I only experienced OALD with baby #3. #1 I had thrush and mastitis, #2 I experienced no issues and #3 ran the gamut of isues, including the aforementioned OALD. THere really is no way of knowing (at least IMO) what will transpire once baby comes... the beauty of experience is you know what to look for next time - rememdy comes faster that way Good luck!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks .