Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Clingy - Sleeping more - Eating same...

Question Clingy - Sleeping more - Eating same...

My DS is just about 6.5 months old - we are starting to wean (health reasons, mine) and I've noticed this past few days (weaning for a few weeks now and only one bottle a day) he's been extra clingy and sleeping/naping more but eating the same and sometimes he's eating every 4hrs vs the every 3hrs he used to eat. He has been showing teething signs since he was 2 months old.

Could this be a reaction to the wean, teething or something else?

Also, what is "HTH"?

Thanks

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Default Re: Clingy - Sleeping more - Eating same...

HTH = hope that helps

And it could be from teeth - and it could be from the weaning... could be from growth spurt or other things. Basically if you can geth though it - and baby isn't in pain - then you just meet babys needs and it will pass...

How often is he nursing and getting bottle/food?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

HTH - THANKS

He eats about every 3 to 4 hrs during the day, at night (9pm-6 or 7am) it is different every night anywhere from every 3hrs to 4 or 5hrs. He only gets 1 bottle right now and it's the 2nd feeding after he wakes up. So if he work up at 8am I would BF him and then at 11 or 12noon he would get the bottle then back to BF for the rest of the day and night. Next week I will introduce a 2nd bottle. I am just not sure which feeding during the day I will give it. I will night and morning wean last.

well - with only giving one bottle, I'd think it's not a 'reaction' to the bottle/weaning. I'll bet it's more of a growth spurt issue.... so nothing much to worry about there. This is a prime time for change, as often times they're learning and practicing new skills and that is tiring AND - when they figure out the dynamic that objects aren't static and that mommy can indeed walk away - they sometimes cling on to reassure them...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks for you help!