Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: worried

Default worried

so since ive been back to work my lo isnt eating that much when im gone. im working between 4-6hrs a shift. if i work 4 hrs he will eat once maybe 2x and today was my first 6hr shift and he only ate 2x. today he is sleeping more then usual and i only nursed him 2x since ive been out since almost 5 by the time i got to my parents house (who was watching him) and once at around 7.30pm in now 10.30pm and i just pumped. i dont know if i should be worried or not. hes never slept this much. i changed him thinking it would wake him up and he would eat. but he woke up for a sec. and fell back asleep. my parents said he didnt nap really when he was there. before i went back to work he would nap one long nap which was 4hrs. oh hes 2months old. but now i dont know if hes getting sick or what to think. my dd is still sick shes been sick for about 1 1/2 and now dh has got it. could this be why hes sleeping sooo much?

Default Re: worried

Twice in a 6hours shift is once every three hours right? I wouldn't worry. This is what you have been waiting for. A baby who can go longer than 1-2 hours with out eating. Sounds like you are there!

Way too lazy for formula

i didnt think it would be THIS soon. i only made it to 2.5 months or so with dd. and i couldnt remember cos when she was born right from the getgo she was sleeping threw the night. thanx. i just didnt want something to happen. iykwim

Don't worry so much about how long she goes between feed when away from you. Often children will wait for their mothers. But how many times she is eating in a 24hour period of time. Sounds like she is doing a little bit of "make up eating" when she see you. If you are still getting at least 8 feeds in 24 hours you are fine!

Way too lazy for formula

I just went back to work (yesterday was first day) and LO only ate 6 oz while I was gone in 2 feedings. Today she had 4 oz already so she might have 8 oz.

She is making up for it when I get home though. Glad to see I'm not the only one

+ = Working Mommy to Sophie born 4/1/08 (our little April Fool )

DD2 is at the sitter's from 9:30am-5:15pm. During this time she eats a whopping 5-7ozs. Total. But she nurses all night long so I'm not worried. Just looking for more sleep!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!