Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resenting son and bf'ing

Default resenting son and bf'ing

thanks for all of your support on my original thread. my feelings are getting a little better but still have alot of resentment. My husband has also realized that I need "me" time so I have started back at the gym this past week. I am a stay a home mom so seeing the same four walls of my house for so long each day is getting to me. So hubby has gotten better. As far as my son he is still nursing every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. He weighs about 11 lbs now. People are always saying that it will get better and that the feedings will start spacing out in time. I really want to know when this will happen? Just a little frustarated right now!! I finally have a couple of minutes to myself to eat some dinner. My son is also wanting to be held all of the time now, if you put him down he will start to cry. He does not like the bjourn that i have.

Thanks for letting me vent alittle
    Timber

Default Re: resenting son and bf'ing

I noticed things were a lot better for me starting about 12 weeks or so.

My son is also wanting to be held all of the time now, if you put him down he will start to cry. He does not like the bjourn that i have.
    Have you tried a sling type carrier? Our little one LOVES her sling. These are especially better for younger babies like yours (He can lay in cradle position, unlike the Bjorn). Wear Your Baby is a great place to start looking ... this forum also has a great thread on babywearing.

For me my sling has been a lifesaver! My little one was very high needs, and with the sling she could always be "on me," but I could still get things done around the house. I also learned to nurse her in there - which was nice to be able to do while working on other things too. It got tiring sitting around 24/7 nursing since she would nurse for 45 minutes at least every hour - giving me just enough time to run to the bathroom or grab a water before sitting back down to nurse again.

I've done *everything* with her in the sling. Dishes, laundry, eating meals, exercising, vacuuming (her favorite!), on and on. I got mine from Zolowear.com. But there MANY out there. Look into it!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I sure wish that I would have had my sling when my baby was younger also. He is 15 months now and still likes to be in it. Check out mayawrap.com for creative ways to use your sling. Many moms find it helpful to look at this as just a season that your baby will need you. Very soon he will be bigger and not need his mom anymore. Especially boys..... It is also helpful to know that he is doing normal baby things and that you are feeling normal mommy feelings. All of this is so new to you and to him, as time goes on everything will start to level out. As far as when his feeding will space out? There really is no time frame. I'm sorry.... My ds nursed every 2 hours for what seemed like forever at the time and now I do not even remember when he started spacing out, this too shall pass, I promise!

Hey Timber101,
    I would also recommend the sling-type carriers. If you are into making things on your own there are patterns for them online everywhere. I made a few different kinds. One like the maya wrap and one like the one pictured above in paint-the-moon's reply. Just search on google or another search engine for sling patterns if your interested.

Good luck!
    ivylmnm
    Last edited by ivylmnm; July 29th, 2006 at 07:57 PM.

My DD started spacing her night time feedings literally within a couple of days of each of her month birthdays (two month= 4 hour stretches, three month=6 hours, four month=8 and even 9 hours). Up until two months, she was nursing every 2 hours, start time to start time with very frequent lenghty sessions. It will happen and when it does, it is like christmas, new years, and every birthday you have ever had rolled into one GOOD LUCK, you can DO IT!!

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Thumbs up Re: resenting son and bf'ing

Quote Originally Posted by paint-the-moon
    I got mine from Zolowear.com. But there MANY out there. Look into it!

Ooooh - Cool sling! What kind of fabric did you end up getting?

Quote Originally Posted by kristenco
    Ooooh - Cool sling! What kind of fabric did you end up getting?
    It's the leaf pattern (it's embroidered on the tail) ... it's a stretch twill, a nice soft cotton with just a hint of stretch. I absolutely love it, and I have about a dozen slings/pouches/carriers but it's my favorite.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Pazygozo is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Good for you for going back to the gym! I know myself that the house walls start getting rather refining!

I remember the resentment too. The worst part is that then you feel guilty on top of it, or if you don't feel guilty at the moment, feel guilty that you're not guilty. There have been a couple of occasions when I have just put the little guy safely in his bassinet and left the room to calm down. Each time his poor little cries have brought me running back to him (though I confess on really bad days it takes a little longer), but feeling much more "mothery" and willing to help the "sweet helpless creature" instead of wanting to hurt the "obnoxious brat" I left in the bassinet...

Let me say that I'm glad this is a safe place to admit that, cuz I'm not really proud of it, but, hey, I'm just doing the best I can. It's all I can do.

I was talking to my mom in those early months about how tired I was and how bad I felt about feeling bad, and she wisely said, "If you don't waste energy beating yourself up, a) you'll have more energy, and b) you won't be beated up!"

This is not to say that things have been peachy every moment since, but they really have gotten better! You're doing MUCH better than you think you are!

hey pazygozo, I have been there and done that with the leaving the babies in ther beds when mommy feels she is going to scream or run from the house in frustration lol...its normal, and I remember not wanting to admit it either, but hey, I have two kids and those days happen that we just need a little break so we can be the mothers we usually are

now about the poster...my daughter would nurse from about noon until about midnight EVERYDAY until she was about 10-12 weeks old. I thought I would die, but it did finally get better. be encouraged, you are doing a great and wonderful job as a mommy! this too shall pass!!!