Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 1 boob real BIG!!!!

Default 1 boob real BIG!!!!

hello ladies, i need help, my right breast is not producing at all, i will get less then 1 oz when i pumpa and my left breast gets 2 oz. this has never happened before. my right was never the best pumper, but now that my daughter is sleeping through the night and is ahvign 3 meals a day she is only nursing 3 times a day! i also notices today teh she did not pee at all last night!1!!!! please help i am worried seh is weaning!!!!!!
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

I am becasue you are and you are because i am!

all day and Love all night!
    with DH Corey for 1 1/2 years!

Default Re: 1 boob real BIG!!!!

are you in pain?
    how old is baby?

no pain, and she is 8mo old!
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

Can you tell us more about how often she nurses, and how many wet and dirty diapers you see in 24 hours.
    Pumping is a very inaccurate way to ascertain breast function a baby uses suction and also compression- a pump just uses suction and may not trigger a let down.

Is there a reason you are pumping? Are you separated during the day?

It is extremely rare for a baby to wean at such an early age. More common is a nursing strike or decrease in nursing due to illness, mouth or teething pain, or distractable baby stuff. Does baby pop off to check out the world a lot lately?

Ok, here is he schedule, i work outside my home so she is in daycare.

5 - 6am nurse, i start with the right, BC it does not produse as much as the left.
    7:20 nurse, a little before we leave, she normally looks around alot!
    9:30 3.5oz bottle and 4oz sold
    11:30 3.5 osz botle
    1:30 3 oz solid
    3:30 3.5 oz bottle
    5:30 nurse
    6pm 4 oz solid
    8pm nuse

she is now sleeping through the night!

she normally has about 5-6 wet with 1-3 poop, but last night she did not pee for 12 hours, i am worried!

she does have a mild case of thrush, but it does not seem to bother her and i was home with her for 1 month and just came back to work last week. i DO NOT want to give up yet. i also have a thyroid condition, but it is all undercontrol now!

please help me!!!!! also i am taking mother milk pluse to help with my lack of milk!!!!!
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

So are you both being treated for thrush then? This is the best course of action as mother and baby essentially pass the infection back and forth. Having thrush can affect your milk supply- it can make your baby less willing to nurse which slows down your milk production. A full breast produces milk slower.

http://www.llli.org/NB/NBMayJun93p83.html for details on thrush.

Some baby's also just develop a preference for one breast. Have you ever placed baby in your lap to feed on the "happy" side and then kept baby in the same position but scooted over to the other breast? It's a sneaky trick to do, but it may help to more thoroughly drain the less favored breast. The more you demand from the breast the more it may help by producing more milk.

How often are you able to remove milk at work? What is your washing schedule of all your hoses and flanges?

i wash them eveyday, but did not always take them apart so i will start to do that. i am being sent new hoses aswell. in the morning is when it is the worst. my left boob wil be filled, but my right just droops..... i have tried to nuse from right always, but it only decreases my production the the left. it feels like it is a loose lose situation.
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Little Addy View Post
    i wash them eveyday, but did not always take them apart so i will start to do that. i am being sent new hoses aswell. in the morning is when it is the worst. my left boob wil be filled, but my right just droops..... i have tried to nuse from right always, but it only decreases my production the the left. it feels like it is a loose lose situation.
    During a thrush outbreak, any pump parts that touch your milk should be boiled in hot water daily to prevent reinfection. The same is true of all bottles, bottle nipples, and pacifiers. Also remember that thrush can be passed through the laundry, so be sure to wash any cloth diapers or nursing pads in hot water and hang in the sun to dry if possible. Are you and baby both being treated?

How recently was your thyroid tested/thyroid hormone dose changed? That can make a big difference in milk production.

Some mothers find that an adjustment by a chiropractor who specializes in treating infants can be a help when baby nurses well on one side but not on the other.

HTH. Hang in there!

Tiana