Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Already Cutting Molars?

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Question Already Cutting Molars?

Just two days ago, ds turned one. Yesterday I looked in his mouth and noticed his gums on the bottom where his molars will appear were VERY swollen. It looks like there are marbles beneath! He has the four front teeth on top, only the front two on bottom. Could this really be? If it is, they don't seem to bother him yet.

Anyone else's lo get their molars at age one?

I know this isn't a bfing question and I didn't want to post it with the chronic problems section, so I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Default Re: Already Cutting Molars?

My son had all 4 molars IN by a year! I noticed the first one coming through at 10.5 months...they were slow to come through but once they came through the gums it was BAM and they were all in. Hope your LO doesnt have a hard time with them! i noticed he was having some issues with the first molar but after that he didnt do too bad at all! Hopefully you have the same luck!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

My LO had about the same as yours. 4 teeth on top, 2 on bottom, and the molars started coming in, right around 12 mo. He did get 2 more on bottom around the same time as the molars finally came in, he takes forever to cut his teeth!
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

My DD is 13 months and has been working on her molars for at least a month now - seems like they're taking forever to come in!

It's good they don't seem to be bothering him. We've had a lot of sleepless nights, but every kid is different, so maybe they won't affect your LO as much.
    Julie
    Wife to Jeff
    Mom to Alexa, born 4/22/07

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

So, does it bother lo's ears when they're cutting molars? I've seen him put his hands up to his ears much more in the past few days. I didn't know if that was from the teething or from our recent airplane rides.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Our ped said when they're teething babies tend to grab their ears more. Glad to hear his molars aren't bothering him. My dd has 8 teeth (including 4 molars) coming in AT ONCE . After a sleepless week, I discovered Hyland teething tablets and now we're all good and rested.

DD also got her molars early - right around her first birthday - she's 16 mos now and has 4 molars. I was surprised by this since I thought most babies didn't get their molars until closer to their second birthday But, a couple of my friends had the same experience with their LOs too so I guess its not that uncommon. I've also heard good things about the Hylands teething tablets as pp mentioned
    Proud Mommy to Alina born 01/06/2007
    with due 09/05/2008
    First in my family to breastfeed

My son is 13 and a half months and he's working on his 3rd molar. So it's not odd that a molar is already coming in.

1 YO molars mean they come in anytime during the 1st year. Some babies have them in even before their 1st birthday, it's uncommon but happens!!

Also, they are flat teeth so they take forever to come in. You might not feel any poke through until another 2 months or even longer.

My son is 14 months old, and had all of the first 4 molars by around a year. He also has 7 other teeth--and now has five more coming in. I feel your pain!