Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: joggers?

Default joggers?

i thought i read some girls on here talking about running. and was wondering if u use a jogging stroller and if u do what kind and how offten do u use it? i use to run 5miles and after having my son i am wanting to go back but have no sitter. and this sounds like a good option. any adv?

Default Re: joggers?

Jogging strollers are definitely a you get what you pay for item. But to me... it was worth it. I highly recommend looking in to a rental place and seeing if you can buy a used one. Also check CL. Lots of moms buy them and don't ever use them. Also, decide where you will run and what you need. (wheels that turn all directions or not? how much sunshade? weight restrictions? does it have to fold up easily)

Good luck! They're worth it. I love running with my LO and when I get the chance to go without her I feel like a badass!! Because I feel like I could go forever!

Oh, I'd also reccomend looking to some kind of speaker or something if you are used to listening to music. It scares me to be pushing astroller and wearing earphones, ya know? I have an ipod speaker that sits in my stroller pocket so Em and I can both enjoy the tunes! Makes me feel like a tiny float in a tiny two woman parade!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

ewhat kind do you have?

I have a Baby Jogger performance series Check them out here.

That is the style I like. I rarely fold mine up so I don't mind that is cumbersome, I'd rather it fit her for a long time. And like I said, I got it used from a rental company at the beach. The all metal framing ones last forever.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

This jogging stroller is the one i have...I love it..I easily run 3-4 miles 2-3 times a week! It is light weight and doesnt make my run any harder! The ONLY negative part is that it doesnt sit as up-right as my regular stroller so when we stop in the park to eat, she cant sit up all the way..But everything else is great and I have no other problems (and my one isnt such a biggie)

I definitely rec. getting one if you are a runner! My DD loves it and sings, sleeps, even eats while I run!!
    Last edited by jlk51496; May 26th, 2008 at 02:25 PM.
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

I love my $99 BabyTrend jogger from Target. I run 2-3 miles a few times per week on paved and unpaved surfaces (nothing too bumpy, but sandy and a little uneven in places). I looked at the Bobs and other higher end strollers, but my mom got this one to walk her granddaughter in at the track, so I tried it before purchasing my own, and it's worked perfectly. As a previous poster, said, though, look at the second-hand stores, especially if you want one of the super fancy strollers.

I love jogging with my little one, and a huge bonus is that jogging with a stroller can make you a faster runner. I shaved 5 minutes off my last 5 mile race since I have gotten used to pushing a stroller. Running without it seems like a snap!

Have fun!
    Betsy, Mom to Maggie, born naturally 4/29/07.

I have a Baby Trend Explorer. I got it back in 1999 when I had my first daughter. I'm still using it with baby #3!!!! I love it!!!!! It is very easy to use. The only bad thing about it is it reclines back a lot but since baby is only 9 months she usually just chills out, relaxes and takes a nap. When my other 2 girls got older, like 2ish I would put a pillow behind their back to help them sit upright more. That would help so they could see around more easily.

Good Luck