Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How many times/day and how much?

Default How many times/day and how much?

LO just started rice cereal last week and he's now eating bananas too. He LOVES the bananas and always acts like he wants more after what I feel like is MORE than enough (almost 1/2 banana and he only weighs about 12 pounds). Today I started feeding him banana mixed with rice cereal twice a day and he still acted like he wanted more after each feeding. I'm nursing him first and then waiting about 30 minutes so he's not too full to eat. How many times a day are you feeding/did you feed your lo in the first week or two of starting solids and how much did you give lo?
    LLL Leader Cabarrus County, North Carolina

Default Re: How many times/day and how much?

my dd cann't have more then 1/2 a bananna a day or she has trouble pooping...so watch for that.

Default Re: How many times/day and how much?

we just started solids too. we're only feeding him in the evening for right now. tonight will be his 5th day having rice cereal. i too was wondering how often you feed them solids and how much. we started with 1 tablespoon. but he's had anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 since then. he's 5 1/2 months old and weighs 18+ pounds.