Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Low Milk Production

Default Low Milk Production

My milk production has never been great, but it's been adequate so far (been supplementing with formula) until last week when I caught a stomach virus and since then I've been struggling to get the production to increase again. I've been taking Fenugreek supplements, but so far they haven't really helped. I've been pumping from day one because my baby had problems latching on. Is there anything I can do, or is it a lost cause?

Default Re: Low Milk Production

I'm almost certain it's not a lost cause. I will put a few resources below that you may find helpful - let us know if they are.

If you get a chance, you can call a leader too - they might prove very helpful being on the phone! (link to find one locally found below)

Do you really have low supply

Often times moms supplement when they think baby isn't getting enough - when infact they are - here's some links to help you determine that. (depending on childs age)

Is baby getting enough:
    For under 6 weeks
    For over 6 weeks

I am also going to assume you'd like to get baby off the supplements -
    here's a resource that may help you with that

Here's a little something that might have something helpful as well, regarding 'when mom is sick'.

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.