Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby not eating enough

Default baby not eating enough

I have started my Lo who is 8mo old on solids and she is now sleeping through the night. she is only nursing about 3 times a day and has 3 3.5oz bottles at Day Care, but my supply is very low and i am worried that it will go away if this keeps up. at work i pump 15min and i am only getting about 2 oz each time, some times not even that!!!! at night i pump at 10pm for extra milk to fill the bottles for day car, but i am so tired that i do not want to have to wake up at night and pump, but if i have to i will!!! has any one hid this happen adn what should i do! i am taking mothers mild pluse, but i am not sure how well it is working adn when i am pumping i have to make compressionn to get anythign out, it does nto flow na==freely like it used to!!!!!!!!

please help
    here is her schedule
    5:30 nurse
    7am wake
    7:20 nurse (little, she is to busy looking at everything)
    9:30 or 10 3.5oz bottle and 4oz food
    11:30-12 3.5oz bottle
    1:30-2 3oz solid
    3:30-4 3.5oz bottle
    5:30-6 nurse ((little, she is to busy looking at everything) adn 4oz solid
    7:30-8 nurse(little, she is to busy looking at everything or so tired!)
    8 bed
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

I am becasue you are and you are because i am!

all day and Love all night!
    with DH Corey for 1 1/2 years!

Default Re: baby not eating enough

does anyone have any suggestions!

thanks
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year

My first thought is: get your pump motor checked! They do get worn and lose their effectiveness. You also might want to add some pumping sessions during the day, and seeing if that increases your supply. I've heard that power pumping is very helpful: you pump for ten minutes, rest for ten, pump for ten, rest for ten, and pump for ten again for a total of 30 minutes of pumping in a 1 hour period. It's supposed to mimic the way a baby feeds- and boosts its mom's supply- during a growth spurt.

I wish I could give you suggestions for getting your baby to eat more solid food, but I never managed to coax my kid into eating more than she was ready for. She barely touched solid food until she was around 14-15 months old.

I guess if she wont eat more solids.. and your supply wont increase. what about giving her formula while you are at work and then nurse while at home???

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

i realy do not want to give formula, and i think i can get my supply back up, but i do not know how!!!!
    1st Goal 3mo 12-30
    2nd Goal 6mo 3/30
    3rd Goal 9mo
    4th Goal 1 year