Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ORANGE poop?

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Question ORANGE poop?

My son's poop has goen from mustardy-yellow to more of an orange in the last 24 hours... Any idea why? His poops are also much larger.

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: ORANGE poop?

Hey, Kristen. I know ... you are like, "Will somebody ELSE please answer my posts??"

I really don't have an answer for you except to say that Adeline's poos started being an orange (more like bright rust, but definitely orangey) color weeks ago. Like sweet potatoes. Doc said it was fine. They also started coming less frequently ... like every other day instead of every day, and, therefore, were much bigger too. And they got pasty (like the texture of sweet potatoes too). Did you ever think that you'd be so interested in analyzing somebody's poo?? And to actually read about other people's poo (unless you've stopped reading by this point). Doc said the pasty was actually good because it meant she wasn't "malabsorpting" (doc's word, not mine) her nutrients.

Anyway ... I think it's perfectly normal. Also, if you are starting to regulate your oversupply then he's going to be getting a different balance of milk, so he may just by adjusting to that.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I agree w/Paint-the-moon. My ds poo's are rusty/sweet potatoey colored now. He's 3.5mos. They've been that way for a few weeks. Also, it's normal to go to only 1 bm a day at this age, mine has 1 huge one in the morning and 1 little one in the afternoon.

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by paint-the-moon
    Hey, Kristen. I know ... you are like, "Will somebody ELSE please answer my posts??"
    No way - I totally appreciate your posts... you're the go-to-girl for links and resources! You should have an "LLL" in front of your name!!

Quote Originally Posted by kristenco
    No way - I totally appreciate your posts... you're the go-to-girl for links and resources! You should have an "LLL" in front of your name!!
    Blush. Why, thank you. Glad I can help.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon