Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: so i finally gave in...

Smile so i finally gave in...

at 5 1/2 months, i finally gave into my husband and we fed our ds some rice cereal on tuesday. he's been sitting up on his own for 3 weeks now and eyeballing our food and drink for about 2 months so i gave in. i can't believe how much our son liked the cereal. he didn't make any strange faces and after he finished a spoonful he was reaching for more. it was so cute! i guess things are really going to move fast now. i can't believe he's almost 6 months already, and now we're getting into solid foods. he's growing too fast!

Default Re: so i finally gave in...

I'm right there with you. I was hoping to delay solids for some reason (I think mainly because I like her innocent yellow BM poop!) but alas, the kid clearly wanted some and grabbed the spoon from me to shovel in more cereal. Sweet, but sad...can't we push PAUSE and enjoy this longer??

our children are only 4 days apart. mine was born 12/6/07. they do grow too fast. i think we're going to try some more cereal tongiht. the first round didn't make him sleep through the night, maybe the second will. LOL

Solids never made ds sleep longer, unfortunately that's just a myth. It's so cute watching them with new food huh?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

it is cute watching him eat his food. he ate all his cereal again. i know giving them cereal won't make them sleep through the night. i was actually afraid it'd keep him awake because of his weak belly. he used to spit up alot! but of course, grandma's always gotta say it'll make em sleep through the night. (maybe if they're eating formula grandma.)

Look out for constipation. Rice cereal can really bind up an EBF baby.

Way too lazy for formula

yup at that age its ok to cut the cereal out all together and then wait untill thier poops are back to normal and then start again slower!

he's only had the cereal 2x and ut's been in the evening. his poops have been fine so far.